what do you think about women coaching men's baske

Guest and142

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now that everyone has their jockstrap in a wad, my work here is finished. my apologies for not demonstrating the proper reverence for pat summitt. in truth, i could care less. i love to stir the pot and i was very successful. now a confession,- i know nothing about her career or record, as i have never even been able to watch the lady vols play a complete game in my life. i only know that she has trouble with uconn because i watch sportscenter. i could care less. but i do think that the comparisons i have seen since the 800th win between her and the likes of adolf rupp are truly laughable....

chhs,- excellent use of a quote that folks on this site are driving right into the realm of cliche.....-some people are just way too PC and take themselves way too seriously.

now i'll take part of the blame for this, but we need to start pat summitt thread on the women's site if we want to continue with this (then i won't have to stomach it any longer). this thread is about whether or not women can coach men's teams. my answer in a word: no. for example,- latrell sprewell choking p.j. carlisimo's eyes out. i guess being the gentlemen he is he would never touch a woman, huh? true, he's a jerk but i think you can see that it just wouldn't work.....

que sera sera. maybe they will delete me. but you don't know me at all and probably haven't read any of my other posts on other threads (not that you should or shouldn't). we disagree on this subject but who really cares? well i guess you do. i've got other "foolish" things to tend to.

just remember, judge me if you will, but if you can judge me based on one fleeting post, i can have an opinion on pat summitt whom i've had to hear about for the past 20+ years....that's just the way it is.

at least since 1998 i haven't seen anymore of those "university of tennessee: where men play football and women win national championships" t-shirts......

lighten up people.

Thank you, you just proved my statement. It was obvious that you knew nothing about what you were talking about.

PC is not me and I have a very good sense of humor. Every time you get scorched real good you start claiming that you where just kidding. When are you serious. or should we ignore all of your posts because you are not serious and just kidding?

[Edited by CHHS72 on 1-16-03 8:02P]

pat summit coaches womens bball so it is different.

but i dont think that it works becauz the woman coach feels like they have sumthin to prove and they have a chip on their shoulder, so they feel like the only way they will get respect is by being very strict with their players and end up being jerks, therefore the players lose respect for their coach and dont respond well to her coaching.

In trying to sidestep the mud-slinging, I would like to add that Tigrett Middle School in Jackson has a woman, Janice Epperson, for their boys' head coach. How has she done? In her second season, they won the west Tennessee title, which includes all of the middle schools in Memphis. She was formerly the head girls coach at Humboldt High School and does a great job at Tigrett.

Overall, I think it would be tough for a women to coach a boys team, but obviously there are exceptions to every rule.

Guest tntitansrock24

I think that if men can coach women's basketball, women can coach men's basketball. I also think that whoever that "redtwin" guy is needs to get a freakin life. I'd like to see him try to get his sorry butt out on the court and play people like Chamique Holdsclaw and Lisa Leslie because they could kick his butt anytime of the day. There are plenty of women althletes who are making probaly twice what he makes a year. So I'd really like to see him say that to his face!

(I would have liked to use some profanity, but I tried to be descent!)