Who are the best 1A teams in the last 5 years

BURLEY

I can't disagree. It is fun to speculate.

The 1998 Trousdale team was a great team. I did not see the 1999 South Pittsburg team. I did see Trousdale in 1999. I thought they were as almost as good as the 1998 Trousdale team(more speed, less size). So, South Pittsburg must have been awesome. The 2000 CPA team versus either 1998 Trousdale or 1999 South Pittsburg would have been a matchup to see.

I will add that the Payne kid and the Scruggs kid from Trousdale County are the two most dominating 1A players I have seen in the last 5 years.

[Edited by Bighurt on 1-22-03 12:18P]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97 Trousdale County

98 South Pittsburg and Trousdale a tie

99 South Pittsburg

2000 CPA

2001 Ezell-Harding

2002 CPA

Of these teams the best matchups

97&98 Trousdale vs. 98 South Pittsburg

99 South Pittsburg vs. 2000 CPA

2001 Ezell vs. 2002 CPA

Of all of these the best game would be either or 97or98 Trousdale vs. 98 South Pittsburg. If they played 10 times each one would win 5times that's how even they actually were.

The best 1A team in the past 5 years has to be when cooper wallace was at CPA. I was a sophomore that year at collinwood, and we made it to the semi finals but we would have had no chance against them in the finals. I believe they could have competed with just about any team in the state that year.