Sparta vs. Cookeville

thekeg55

nthezone, how about you not run your mouth off about Mario since your team was so pathetic that they had to base their entire defense around Mario. They had to double and triple-team him all night. It's a shame that you put Mario down when our "team" won the game and your team didn't execute. It's funny how all of you put him down when he doesn't score 30 points a game because he is a teamplayer. From now on, don't say anything because your posts are pointless and annoying.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cAV WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I SAW THE GAME AND I ONLY SAW THE MARIO KID DOUBLE TEAMED A FEW TIMES BUT NEVER A TRIPLE TEAM. COME ON MAN, I KNOW THAT SITTING ON THE BENCH GETS YOU CLOSER TO THE FLOOR THAN THE REST OF US BUT TRIPLE TEAM THEIR IS NOBODY ON WHITE COUNTY'S SCHEDULE MUCH LESS COOKVILLE SCHEDULE THE SLATTEN OR BRAY WOULD TRIPLE TEAM.

AND THE REASON YOUR BOY IS GETTING DOGGED OUT IS THAT EVERYBODY SAID HE IS ALL THAT AND SAID HE WOULD OUT SCORE WHITE COUNT BY HIMSELF......HECK HE WASn't EVEN THE LEADING SCORER IN THE CONTEST. SO US "NOBODY'S" ARE JUST CALLING IT LIKE WE SEE IT AND WE SAW ALL TWELVE (12) POINTS OF YOUR SUPER -FLOP! ;)

[Edited by layup on 1-30-03 12:09A]

layup, i'm pretty sure that I dont play basketball anymore so i wasnt on the bench watching the game. I was in the stands with the same view as you and your eyes must need to be checked since Mario was triple-teamed during your half-court press that did not work by the way. Mario wasn't a flop, he had an "ok" game. I mean good lord, who expects him to score 30 every night. We dont make him out to be a god in basketball, we only express his pure and natural talent for the game. Besides who won the game again, oh yeah Cookeville did as a team. Even though our team does depend on Mario too much, he's still a teamplayer.

OK..OK..OK!!!! Who won the ******* game. Thank you! It's getting really old trying to convince all you Mario haters of just how good he is. I am really getting sick of hearing "Oh no, Mario only had 12 points, he stinks now because he missed a free throw." How many times has Michael Jordan missed a game winning shot? You cannot expect even the best in the world to score 30 every single game. So why don't you sore, jealous, belly-aching losers go hate on someone's team that you actually did beat instead of crying about how Mario had a down game and start crying about how your team is 0-7 in the district!!!

dog11...One thing White Co. fans are not is jealous. I am a White Co. fan and know Mario is a pretty good player in a Dist. that is the weakest it's been in years. If this Dist. was a strong as it was in the late 90's when White Co. won back to back STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS Mario would not stand out as much as he does now. By the way, Michael Jordan hit many game winning shots.

Yeah...No kidding!! And so has Mario, thus the comparison.(DUH)! You yourself might not be jealous but everyone hating on him is either jealous or can't take a loss and swallow it. Just because White Co. is not the best in the district does not mean it is weak. I'm sure Oakland would be glad to disagree with you. Lebanon, Blackman, Cookeville, Warren Co., and Riverdale are no slouches either this year. It really makes for a fun disrtict when all the teams in it have a good chance to beat all the rest of them.

Oakland is the only strong team in the Dist. this year. If you watched this Dist. play 4 or 5 years ago you have to admit its MUCH weaker now. Back then White Co., Oakland, Riverdale, and Lebanon were really good and the rest weren't bad either. Those teams then would romp all over the current teams in Dist. 7.

layup ,

You must not know much about basketball, Mario averages around 25 points a game, jsut because he dosen't score alot one contest, you think you can call him a flop then you are an idiot, and obviousley don't know what your talking about, and since it takes a team effort to win, and which team won? Cookeville, final!!

[Edited by thekeg55 on 1-30-03 7:00P]

Keg, you're right. The reason I am even speaking of this to you clowns is that the week leading in to this game you guys were all on Mario's tip saying he would outscore the whole Sparta team. Hey the kid only had 12 points and missed the game winning free throw.

All I am saying do not get on here and hipe a kid up and talk trash all week and then when he doesn't produce try to defend his low scoring night. So be a man or a woman and take the heat!!!

GO WARRRIORS AND WARRIORETTES!!!!!!!!!!

layup,

What is wrong with you? Are you even a sports fan or are you to ignorrant to admit when you're wrong? Are you really trying to say that because he didn't completely dominate the game that he is not what he is cracked out to be. I promise you that come the end of the year you will only be able to point out 5 games in which Mario did not put out an extrordinary performance. This is obviously the first and only time that you have ever seen him play. You seem to be the kind of person that sits back in the stands or on the bench and makes inaccurate judgements of people you know nothing about because you heard they were great. You force yourself to play it off because you do not want to admit the fact that just because he plays on your rivals team and no one on your team can match him skill for skill that he must be just a myth or something like that. You say to yourself, I saw this so called great Mario play once and he did nothing at all that would lead me to believe that he was worth a dime. Well my friend, in truth and logic you are nothing but WRONG. It is absolutely inethical to form an opinion of someone based on 1 lone perfromance and to hold that against them. What kind of person would do that injustice to another? You give the man and his team NO credit at all. He had a low scoring game and you are seemingly going to hold that against him and say that's all he is capable of doing. You do not know how deep your accusations drive into the heart and soul of some people. It is really indescribable to try and explain how much Mario has done for Cookeville High School in words. You really need to reconsider your thoughts about bashing him in the future because of this one game that you saw him play. He has put out way too many great games to be held to this one that does not meet your standards.