Best songs to get you fired up

billygoat2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup he was not kidding there is a POD Nappy remix to Awnaw.

"Ashes 2 Ashes"-Prophet Possee

"Ain't Barrin it"-Mason Family

"RedRUm"-Project Pat

"Back the ----back"-DJ paul

"Wake me up before you go go"-Wham (I am dead serious)

"Triumph"-Wu Tang Clan

ANYTHING PRODUCED IN THE CITY OF MEMPHIS,TN (RAP) I DON'T MEAN ELVIS EITHER!

Wow, I'm surprised nobody commented that the Archie song "We Ready" ripped off an older song (as most rap songs do).

Anyways, my list would go like this:

"The Energy" by Audiovent

"Prayer" by Disturbed

"The Taste of Ink" by The Used

and one oldie:

"Start Me Up" by The Rolling Stones

Threads like this make it easy to separate the old goats like me from the young bucks on this board.

There is probably some good rap music out there, but after my experience with it, I don't listen to it.

Several years ago, I took my young son (6 yrs old then) and one of his friends fishing at Percy Priest. While we were loading the boat, two young men pulled up beside us to put their boat in the water. They had loud rap music going. I have never heard so many 4 letter words, God's name taken in vain, references to female body parts and sex acts mentioned in such a short period of time.

In a frantic attempt to distract my son and his friend and to delay their carnal education, I started hollering about everything under the sun to them. "Did you see that bass jump, look at that hawk, whose going to catch the most fish..." I finally ran out of breath and just looked at the 2 guys and said, "Do you mind turning down your stereo-I have two kids here?"

To the credit of the 2 guys, they were obviously embarrassed. They turned it off and repeatedly apologized.

I know the same thing can happen with rock and country-but all of us need to respect other people as we exercise our freedom to listen to music.