Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HL job is open and all of the candidates have had Head coaching experience, but I really don't think that makes one coach a better choice than the next; and I know that who you know plays a big part in the decision-making process, but I think your coaching ability, accomplishments as a coach, and how well you players respond to you should play a considerable part in a coaching selection. There are many coaches in Metro who have bragging rights to winning seasons that are two or three games over 500 and a 1st or 2nd round exit out of the playoffs and that seems to be the only measure for success in Metro. Why not let the measuring stick go through what Maurice Fitzgerald, Ron Aydelott, and Richard Coure have accomplished; State Titles, State Championship Appearances, and their kids get to the college level. Those three guys have been to the mountain top; who else in Metro can say that. Those coaches have a major accolade to put on there resume, not just winning seasons and not just quick playoff exits, but they have coached their teams into the Big Dance at least once and that is saying something for a Metro Head Coach. The guys out there who have not taking their teams to the State are not bad coaches because there are many kids who get into college that are from other Metro schools, but in the same instance that does not make them better coaches than that number assistant out there who has earned the right to be considered for a job. :rolleyes:

[Edited by BigTank on 2-12-03 10:01A]

big tank- You left out Coach Wilson, on your list of State Championship appearances; he took Glencliff to the big dance a few years back. I think every school that has an open head coaching slot should interview any coach on the current staff that applied, LOYALTY, a word fast vanishing in the school system, would be the main reason, but being courteous would be another reason. METRO--SS-DD

:rolleyes: