Mr. Basketball

tdm1

Brian Fisk is a better player right now, this year, than Tyler Smith.... Brian has a much more complete game right now, and can flatt out do it all....

Does that mean Brian will win AA Mr Basketball??? Not necessarily. Byars was robbed of that exact award last year, which was given to a Soph.....

Brian Fisk is the best player in AA this year.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wouldn't have done the voting before they played each other in the regional finals, Byars would have gotten it because he played much better than Allen and Ridgeway won, but they vote too early. I believe they should wait till state tournament to vote, because Ridgeway went on to dominate thet state tournament and Byars was named MVP.

I haven't seen Brian play, but he sounds like the grizzled veteran, very polished and well rounded senior hoopster while Tyler is more of a man-child based around raw talent.

Take the Heisman trophy last year for example, Eric Crouch won just because he was a great senior player, while Rex Grossman was a great player but still had another shot as a soph.

i will go ahead and warn like dcballas did. you have no idea who you are talking about when you say yall will bring a bigger crowd.. dyer county has one of the best fan bases in tn. if you dont beleive me just wait and see.. where in the world were all your fans at when they came to dyer ounty to play??? didnt see any to be exact.. we would have brought more than our share to giles county, we pack the house, no matter where we play at... you think you know but you have no idea what you are talking about.....

Beware to both teams! There is a LOT of basketball to be played before anyone starts cutting down nets. I think it is fair to say that if the state champion does not come from West TN it will be an upset. The competition in W TN is much better than the rest of the state. As for Mr. Basketball, Brian Fisk should get it. At the beginning of the season most would have picked Crittendon to be the one from DC to be in the running, but Fisk has done what he has done for 3 years played the game and let everything else run its course. A DC vs GC game would be very exciting and both teams would have great crowds.

you are absolutely right about the games to be played and about brian fisk. there is way too much ball left and who knows with the competition we have got to play we could be gone in the first round of the regionals.

as for brian, people can watch him play and never realize how good he is because he doesnt score 30 a game. brian just wants to win, nothing more. brian does everything there is to do in a game. i have never seen a more complete player in the last few years than brian himself. once again i will say i hope we make it back to the boro, we have the talent and the coach but like you said there are too many games left.

Frankly, who gives a flip about Mr. Basketball. It is an individual award, not a team award. Much politics are involved in the choosing of it. You Dyer County people fail to realize that although you may have had some great teams and some great players recentely, you have won ZERO state championships. Great teams don't mean a thing if you don't win the big gold ball. So if Brian Fisk is as great of a all-around and team player as you claim him to be, then he'll surely bring you that gold ball and that will say enough about who should be Mr. Basketball.

Guest thebest

Smoke if you are a true basketball player you would know it doesn't matter where you play just let your game do the talking and forget a home court advantage true players don't believe in that so before you go defending Tyler tell him to get on here and let him speak his mind. ;)