KINGSPORT DB INDIANS

ArtVandalay

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB IS KING OF THE HILL!!

75-72, TOPPERS, WE BEAT YOU!!

Giddy Up Indians. I won't get into the reffing at this time, but they were sorry. Hats of to the Toppers, they played there best game of the season, and it took that to stay close to the Indians. Odum Played great, so did Bradley. But, the Indians played a little harder. Hit the shots when they counted most and won the game inside the paint. JWOO is the District Tournament MVP!! Giddy up Sweet Pea!! (:D). Don't have to much fun tonight.

Joey Blackwell (had his best game ever, hit big shots and free throws (7-8 pts))

Henry Hawk Williams (16 pts) made some huge baskets in the 1st half. Hawk got screwed by the refs, period. ALL DISTRICT TEAM

Azmar Blye (Team leader, played hurt. Azmar got knocked down 2-3 times, and no calls were made.)

Jarrod Wootten (10 pts, 8-10 Boards) Solid, hit some 10-15 Ft jumpers and help the Indians dominate the rebounding. DISTRICT TOURNAMENT MVP

Seth Jervis (big 1st half, hit some 3's, great floor game, 12 pts)

Thomas Harrison (Solid, great D, got some easy baskets, 6 -8 pts, 5-6 boards) ALL DISTRICT TEAM

Lamon Williams (great min. coming off the bench. Had a nice breakaway DUNK, 6-8 pts, 4-5 Boards)

Jeff Morrison (good min. coming off the bench. Held the Indians break the press)

C MO - great coach

Stay focused Indians

Region is next week.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 2-28-03 10:38P]

Kingsport plays Cherokee, which will be a cake walk.

Science Hill plays Morristown East, which will be another cake walk.

Greeneville will play the Sullivan South/TN High loser, while Cocke County will play the Sullivan South/TN High winner.

This should be an interesting tournament. Kingsport should have an easy trip to the regional finals, which means an automatic sub-state birth. The other bracket should be very interesting. Science Hill has beaten Greeneville 3 times this year by a total of no more than 10 points. This makes the other sub-state birth very interesting. :D

Tn High beat Sullivan South in 2OT in the Cosolation Game of District 1. That will match up.

DB (1) vs Cherokee (4)

Cocke Co (2) vs Tn High (3)

Greeneville (1) vs Sullivan South (4)

Science Hill (2) vs Morristown East (3)

1st round games look like mis-matches, all except for Cocke Co vs Tn High, may be a surprise there. But all we need to do is take 1 game at a time, the rest will take care of itself. (Don't forget last years Region Tournament screw up INDIANS!!, I know you remember all too well) I do expect DB to be in the Region Finals vs Greeneville/SH winner. But for now, I am enjoying the DISTRCT CHAMPIONSHIP!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!! :D

Guest BleacherRef

Way to go Indians!!!!! Loved that win -- we all know you worked extra hard for it....don't you always have to do that, though!?! We all know it wouldn't have been so close had it been 5 on 5 the second half.....Way to hang on and not let them give it away (and Lord knows they tried!) That's the reffing Art said he wasn't going to talk about!! and yes, it was awful.....and the win was sa-weeeet.

Great team ball....my hat's off to you all.....those who played and scored, those who played and didn't score and those who didn't get a chance this time to get into the game....it takes all of you to make the team and I LOVE YA ALL!!!! So proud of you JWOO - what a great job you've done....someone once said on one of these message boards that all you do is stay on the bench all the time acting hurt and that you sure didn't impress him much - well, you have surely impressed me and I'm sure you did lots of impressing this week!!!

I believe Kingsport DID rock Freedom Hall - what an awesome fan turnout...........It appeared to me we had more support there than the Toppers! Let's do it again in the Regional Tournament.

Roll~~~~~~~~~Tribe~~~~~~~~~Roll

Yeah right!! CHOPPED THE TOPP!! IN JC TOO!! Blew the roof off our HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!

It took 8 on 5 to stay close, we all know what I mean too. These District 1 Refs are lousy.

Man, the DB crowd was wild!! I expected to see and SAW more Injin fans than Toppers. So far, it's a clean sweep for Kingsport over JC in BBALL Tournament action, from the Middle School all the way up. The Region Tournament may hold 1 more match up....I hope so.

BTW - Ya'll notice a certain 2 or 3 "unwanted" posters who have been very quite latley?? I bet they don't even sign on for a week!!

Way to go Indians #1

Way to go Indian Fans #1

Can't stop the chop

CHOP CHOP :D:D:D

You pull our Pal's and we will make you eat at the Mountaineer everyday for a year. :)

Good win over Science Hill. You guys have a good team. Just make sure and don't lose to Greeneville. Then we will all have to put up with their garbage.

If you all do not beat Cherokee by 50 I will be disappointed. They need it and it could not happen to a more deserving bunch.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 2-28-03 11:23P]