Oak Ridge Who?

scbballfreak

I was at the game, and it eas good to see SC attack O.R. I tell you what I don't like is Prudden, she gives no other team credit. I was wating to see what excuse she had in the paper today. It is always something her team didn't do, not the fact the other team had a hand in it. she is very ridiculous when it comes to that. take any team that has played them close or S.c that beat them. Powell, for example took them to the wire all 3 times, and she had some lame duck excuse for her team, and gave no credit to Powell, just like today's article for S.C. To me that is lack of class.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to thank all u guys who gave much respect, and as we call em in sevier co, the sevier county she bears would also like to thank everyone for there support all year. also, the student section at the game was rockin and its gonna be even worse saturday at home vs greeneville. so lets go lady devils, in the words of the rock,"just bring it". cause when these ladies play as a team there untouchable. Also, i'm not slammim coach pruden, dont get me wrong she is a great coach, but the way she was acting after the game last night, was inexcusbile. she didn't even shake coach huskey's hand, or any of our players, mostly because she thought her lady cats were invinsible and obviously she was proved wrong, in a very big way.

3ptline ..well man I hafta disagree with you on this one...

when Bradley Central played Oak Ridge

Prudden gave alot of respect to our girls in the paper..

maybe it is the wrong paper you are reading

This is what she said in the Cleveland Daily Banner.

"First of all, we have to give a lot of credit to Bradley because they played a tough game and they made a run at us. They made a game of it in the fourth quarter and had a chance to put us away.

"We didn't have an answer for Brandi Scott. She made a lot of tough shots as she looked like a senior who didn't want to go out of her last home game with a loss," Prudden said.

"We looked sharp early, but we lost our momentum. Our effort wasn't bad, but our execution was weak. Hopefully, tonight's game was a good wakeup call for us," she added.

:D

[Edited by 23sMom on 3-7-03 6:08P]

o.k. belle (if that is your real name), do you actually hear what you are saying...? Why do you even try to dispute the fact (i.e. FACT) that Oak Ridge recruits players... quit trying to defend something that you obviously have no clue about... AND I also wouldnt say that the girls at Oak Ridge get the "best coaching." They definitely get great coaching (I personally thing Prudin is a great coach) but it˜s pretty clear that the "best coach" in East Tennessee coaches at Sevier County (think before you type). :)

Barb, Barb, Barb...I wish you would do your homework before you get on CoachT and say things about SC that just are not true. The fact is, all but one of the Bearettes this season came from either New Center or Seierville Middle which are direct feeeders into SCHS. The only exception is a junior who would have gone to Pigeon Forge and she has done more harm than good this season. Get the facts before you blurt.

for real, thanks rip7, yall people dont know how it works cause yall dont live here. not that the other programs aren't bad, but think about it, if u had chance to go to a school were girls bball is like a religion(SCHS), or somewhere were bball is just another sport,(Seymour, Gp, Pf, or anywhere else for that matter). and rip7 is right, the feeder schools do a great deal for the program, uner went to new center, broyhill, wilhiot, and redding went to sevier middle, and fleming went to pigeon forge. so before yall start talkin know the facts.

-1 girl on Sevier County's team is not from a feeder school(Sevierville Middle,New Center Elementary,Northview Elementary). She's from Pigeon Forge. This is PF's first group of Seniors, so she didn't want to go to a school with the 10th graders being the seniors. Sevier County dominates girls basketball in East Tennessee. Huskey doesn't try to act like an expert in the papers or in person, he gives credit to the girls when they win, and rarely when they lose, he blames himself. He's also got a great staff in Billy Ward and Beth Etherton. They dominate with local girls. Seymour's Brooke Johnson wasn't even talked about out of 8th grade to come to Sevier County. If this was Anderson County she might have received a BMW not to play for Clinton or Anderson Co. For you Oak Ridgers, your girls play tough, but Sevier Co. only loses 1 player this year.

*Props to Gene Huskey*

I don't have to do my homework.... have ben around SC basketball all my life. Pigeon forge has a senior class now and a decent bball program. Enrollment at SC is dropping because of ACADEMICS not sports. What parent wouldn't want their child to get a good education rather than a trip to Murfreesboro? PFHS is committed to excellence in education not just basketball. I hear SC is dropping back to AAAA football next year...can't run with the big boys anymore... just wait, basketball will be soon to follow.

Barb, I am not sure how long you have been around Sevier County athletics, but I do know you have not been paying attention. Sevier County has never even entertained the idea of moving to 4A in football. SC football has made the playoffs the past seven or eight years and not many schools can say that (including Oak Ridge). Sevier County's numbers have not dropped much and the past two years, the Freshman Academy has been full. Please, get your facts straight, I am tired of correcting you.