NO 4peat, UPSET is coming

AERoadrunners

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is that AE is at the big dance. There are alot of other teams that would like to have the opportunity to play in their spot but they will be at home watching. Even if AE loses in the first round it really does'nt matter they are playing in the state tournament and the other teams in their district/region are at home. (Seymour being the exception) The one thing that I have learned in sports is that upsets do happen thats why they play the game and keep score. I know that it will be a monumental upset if AE were to upset JC. But I seen stranger things happen. THE BOTTOM LINE: AE LADY ROADRUNNERS ARE AT THE STATE!!!! Let the teams play and as fans we will cheer and have fun wathing. Good Luck to all of the State tournament teams. You are the best!!!!

Posted by jhnthreejays:

All I have to say is that AE is at the big dance. There are alot of other teams that would like to have the opportunity to play in their spot but they will be at home watching. Even if AE loses in the first round it really does'nt matter they are playing in the state tournament and the other teams in their district/region are at home. (Seymour being the exception) The one thing that I have learned in sports is that upsets do happen thats why they play the game and keep score. I know that it will be a monumental upset if AE were to upset JC. But I seen stranger things happen. THE BOTTOM LINE: AE LADY ROADRUNNERS ARE AT THE STATE!!!! Let the teams play and as fans we will cheer and have fun wathing. Good Luck to all of the State tournament teams. You are the best!!!!

I agree it is a great honor just to get to Murfreesboro, but AE has no chance to beat JC. They are too tough. I don't think they are as good as the last two years, but they are battle tested. I think 3 years ago Upperman had the better team, but JC gutted out the win that started the 3 peat. Anybody had better bring their A-game and a good set of mouth pieces to beat them now. I think they have the best coach in the state. Look what he has accomplished with a program that couldn't beat anybody when he came there.

Blue54, don't go around accusing the refs for ya'lls lost. Ya'll blew it on fouls and foul shots. The refs were against jc from the begining. Ya'll were leading with two min to go, and deanna shot a three. Ya'll lost fair and square. Prepare to go home with the silver ball!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

A lot of you people are saying that JC and LA are in the championship already. That's what's making things worst. What if both teams get put out in the first round, how many excuses will there be? I mean, like my boy SLhornet said, every team has a chance to win so give them a chance. But I still think there's going to be some unhappy people come Thursday and I don't think AE will be one.

AE in a close one. GO LADY RUNNERS

splainshornet i have to disagree with you on this being the best 8 AA teams in the state, now these are 8 good teams but its a proven fact that as of late the teams out of the east and west haven't been able to handle the middle tn teams for a long time. Now this year i believe that Westview is one of the better teams as is Gibson County, but AE is not. McMinn Central is much much stronger than AE and anyone that follows AA ball in tn knows this. These are the final 8 teams and all have earned the right to be here although as it has been in the past there are some of the best teams at home watching, AE gets lucky because they don't have to play a team out of 7AA or a McMinn Central in the Substate, and i don't mean that in a disrespectfull way, thats just the way the system is setup and AE usually has an easier road to the state as opposed to some. Again, don't take this the wrong way but i promise you that we would much rather face AE than McMinn Central in the first round or face a Livinston Academy or WalkerValley for that matter, but hey your girls earned the right to come to the state fair and square so may the best team win!