TSSAA does it to West Tn twice

sls

That is why it is called a "BLIND DRAW"!! Anyone can attend if they wish. It is not done behind closed doors nor is there any trickery involved. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. It is based purely on luck of the draw. Some years you may get a #1 vs #2 matchup while other years you get #1 vs #4 or whatever. Play the game, support your team, and most of all, QUIT WHINING ABOUT THE DRAW!! It is a fair and just draw.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The structuring of the West Tennessee Districts and Regions is strange. Take Districts 11,12,13,14 AA for example. 11AA Riverside, Lexington, Milan, and McKenzie. 12AA Chester County, Bolivar, Jackson South Side, McNairy Central, and Humboldt. 13AA Dyer County, Martin Westview, Obion County, Crockett County and Gibson County. 14AA Haywood County, Covington, Fayette Ware, Ripley, and Brighton.

A couple of examples of problems.

1. Gibson County, Humboldt, and Milan are all about 15 minutes apart, but in three different districts.

2. Ripley is 20 minutes from Dyer County and Westview is 50 from Dyer County and 70 minutes from Crockett.

3. Westview is closer to many 11AA teams than it is to 13AA.

I could go on.

Is there any solution to the problem? I don't know but it sure doesn't make much sense.

8 teams in the state tourney all very strong, some stronger than others....to win it all you must beat the best....quartersfinals, semi-finals, finals, what's the difference? you have to beat em some time to win it all. LETS GO GILES CO. BOBCATS!!!!!!

Why don't they do the same thing that football does. Keep teams froms regions 1-4 in one side of the bracket and 5-8 in the other. If teams from the same region make it, put them seperate games in the final 8 games. Like this in 3A:

Greeneville (Region 1) vs. Bradley (Region 3)

DB (1) vs. Columbia (4)

Hamilton (8) vs. Gallatin (5)

White Station (8) vs. Hendersonville (5)

I don't think this is confusing. It's like the football brackets. It's a system, not a blind draw

What is the problem here? Eight teams/seven games! No one wants to lose but 7 teams will. No one wamts to be runnerup or worse. Nobody cares who loses only the team that wins! If two teams from west Tn. have to play in the first round who cares! They both can't win the tournament! After all every team that plays comes for one reason, THE GOLD BALL!

The TSSAA had the right idea a few yrs. ago, when they had the Sectional Tourn. They brought together the top 3 teams from each region and had a tournament with the top 2 teams going to the "Boro". With the winner of each region playing the loser of another region.

The problem with that is the traveling distance and the rental of larger arenas, in which, the TSSAA did not make the money they had hoped on making. So we have gone back to the conventional format and the blind drawing.

I personally liked the Sectional format but money talks. Good luck to all the teams next week and GO BEARS!!!!!

Good looking out clay. Why did he make a post like that? We are down to the eleit eight and the only way we are going to make it to the final four is to play fundalmental ball and not give teams nothing to feed off. Giles co. fans let them feed us not us feed them ok ;)