Best Fields to play on

Bam5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only problems i have with Farragut's field is the small slope behind third base and how short the fence is. It makes it hard for visiting outfielders to know how long they can run back without smashing into that metal fence. Other than that its a beautiful field. Gives nice clean hops.

[Edited by BriC on 4-22-03 10:43P]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about fields but I have to say that Ridgeway High School has played every day during this terrible rainy weather where others have not been able too. So I have to say thanks to a dedicated coach for getting the field ready and working so hard year round. This is his last year Coaching so during our alumni game the field was dedicated to him. Thanks again AC. Williams.

I cant believe no one has mentiond Brentwood... the playing surface is perfect along wiht the walls, and dug outs... every aspect of the field is perfect

Brentwood does have nice outfield walls, i will give them that, but the playing field isn't that great. Patches of clovers, and no clean cut from infield grass to infield dirt, The mound is pretty nice, but the dug outs are too small, and need to be in the ground a little bit. the left field foul territory is on a slope aswell.

Macon Co has one of the best playing surfaces around.

The grass is very nice, but the dirt --err--SAND is not good. It's like the pro beach volleyball tour. Maybe they should be in Florida since they like to go there every year. I also hate those little rocks that get in your shoes. I've seen MANY better feilds than Macon Co. And many better teams also.

:) i dont think so!

Copper Basin by far has the best field in the state. I would put Austin East at second best in the state. The state tournament should be played at those two sites. Speaking of, what's up with a tournament ALL THE WAY IN MEMPHIS? That's a whole other world over there; we might as well play in Mexico. Sullivan County teams might as well ride a plane...