State Tournament Maybe Changing Sites???

TNBballMan

There is no way the site should be changed. MTSU does a great job with holding the event both weeks. And does a great job with football too. The Murphy Center is an excellent arena to house the tournament at. All these ppl saying move it to Tech, does Cookeville have enough hotels to house all the ppl who go for the whole week and stay?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DekeRivers.....If you limited the STATE to only four teams, how many kids/players would no longer be able to say that they made it to the State Tourn? Sure only one team in each class wins, but all the teams that travel to the Boro also win for the rest of their lives. They become heros for their home schools and will be talked about forever.......what if? Do you want to take that away for a little $$$$$$$........

I personally don't think Cookeville would be a good location, but they do have enough hotels to accomodate as many fans as the TSSAA could bring to town. I think MTSU is the best spot to hold the tournament. However, who cares what the fans think because TSSAA will do whatever they want.

Brian,

If you think Cookeville has ample hotel rooms and restaurants, why shouldn't TTU host it? Having been to both the Murphy Center and the Hoop, I think that the Hoop is the much nicer of the two venues. Cookeville is only about an hour further from Murfeesboro for the teams from the west as well. I, as a current TTU student, am going to have to disagree w/ you on the hotel and restaurant thing. I don't think Cookeville has enough of either to host the tournament.

I'll be upset if the tourney leaves MTSU. I've learned the drive to the Glass House like the back of my hand. I can't imagine anywhere else being able to hold the tourney like the 'Boro does. And don't forget about the new highway that'll go from Dickson to the Boro, and I think back up to Cookeville? maybe? That shows that even the TDOT knows that the tourney should stay in Murphy's Center!

If something is NOT broken, DON'T attempt to fix it.

[Edited by codeyh on 3-15-03 3:51P]