what's the deal with the AA rankings ?

Guest Dwolfe

Guest Dwolfe

Why on earth in the state rankings is Seymour not ranked in AT LEAST the top 20 ? that's wack if you ask me ... give me your thoughts on how the rankings should be .

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans here in jackson county couldn't agree with you more. The polls are always way off as most people that do the voting only look at records, but don't get to bent out of shape as the only poll that matters is the last one where it says "State Champions" we have had that the last 4 years and all four years have rarely been rated in the top 5, until the last poll that is where we have been #1.

Next year the AP voters should contact the Herald-Citizen in Cookeville to get an idea who to vote for since this is the only newspaper which voted with any knowledge of AA. In the last 14 years, this district (now 7AA) has won the title SEVEN times. They have come in second FIVE times and in two of those state championship games it was two 7AA teams involved (Jackson Co. vs Livingston and Jackson Co. vs Upperman). No other district in the state comes close to this kind of domination. Next year, just remember that Jackson Co., Livingston and York should be voted #1, #2 and #3 in which ever order their play indicates, but chances are great one will be the 2004 state champion.

Livingston Academy is 7AA only threat to cut down the next next year in MBORO. York will be good, but I dont see them as one of the top AA teams in the state next year. Jackson lost most of talent off their championship team in Deanna Apple and company.

7AA will still be tough, but it wont be like in years past when it was absolutely the premier district in AA.

Thye have Marissa Hensley back (2nd in District MVP regular season, Region Tounament MVP, State Tounament MVP, 17 pts per game, 9 rebounds per game, over 1450 career points, scored a career high 35 points and 18 rebounds on Oliver Springs this year and will be playing on the Nike team this summer.(2004 Miss Basketball Finelest?) They also have Courtney childress back, just under 6 ft tall and a good ball handler. About 10 pts per game on the year and will average more next year because of the loss of two good shooting guards, All district 2nd team, District and state all tounament teams and played her best ball late in the year. 6 ft post Kayla Olson will be good, she was limited in miutes this year though. Point Guard Amanda Naff got alot of playing time when Childress was hurt, and does not miss many threes(being about 5 ft is the only reason she did not play more this year). Not to mention Deanna Apple's little sister Kristi who is about 6 ft. If I am not mistaken, they will still be very good, just not deep.

??5-Peat?? maybe, I sure would not bet agaist them,they are tounament tested.

[Edited by bob77 on 3-18-03 6:54P]

Listen to me now.Make no mistake about it 7AA will bring back the gold ball in 04. I told you long ago JC would win it all.I am going to stick my neck out again and say Livingston will win in 04.I am going to stick it out again and say that 7AA will win again in 05.This time try York.Who knows about 06 except it might be JC time to start over again.The only thing 7AA will not be able to do at least in 04 is to beat Shelbyville.As good as JC has been in the last four years they have never beat Shelbyville.