wartburg baseball

17bulldogs

We (Rockwood) played Wartburg last night. Late in the game the starting pitcher walked out of the dugout, threw his gear over the fence, and walked out, obviously he quit the team.

After the game I saw a friend of mine (Wartburg player) at McDonald's, he said that two more of the starters quit after the game.

What is happening to the Bulldogs? They have some real talent, but they havn't put it to good use for some reason. Idk if the coach has anything to do with it, idk if it's team chemistry, idk what it is, but somebody please tell me what's going on with them.

Guest Bulldog16

Wartburg players havent quit they are just having problems coming together as a team. Our coach is not the problem its not being able to be a TEAM. When this happens Wartburgs talent will shine.

Guest WBdog44

Curtis Newberry knows baseball, whether you like him as a person or not. When I played little league for him, we got second place in the state tournament, went undefeated two or three times, and then with him as an assistant coach in Sandy Koufax, we won the state tournament...he's not going to cause any problems...Oliver Springs would do well to have Curtis...

BTW - My lil' bro was the pitcher that walked out. We had one other guy quit. My lil' bro came back, and he's hit two homeruns in the past 3 games. The other guy (Kevin Freytag) hasn't come back. He's planning to coach Sandy Koufax baseball for Wartburg this summer.

Wartburg is struggling right now, but we're beginning to come together as a team. We're hitting better, fielding better...just all around having more fun now that things have been shaken up a bit...it will be interesting when Wartburg plays Harriman next week.

Good luck to Oliver Springs this year...I've played ball with D.J. Whalen since I was like 10. My 7th grade year, we were best friends and that was the year we won State. I also know Anthony Jones and Brad Foust. They've got great potential, especially to have beaten Rockwood. I'd love to hear my O.S. friends from church say that their team was doing well. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the homerun I got along side my brother and and one other player against O.S. last night.