Re-Alignment of Class A, AA, AAA?

UCSportsFan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of talk concerning the public vs private schools. One line of thinking is that the private schools should be totally taken out of the mix and have their own state tournaments for all private schools. If this occurs then the remaining public schools would need to be re-aligned based on enrollment into class AAA, AA and A. Some schools would be effected by this action and change classification.

I hope this clears the mud.

Posted by wneely:

No chance of a Kentucky high school tournament ever occuring in Tennessee is there?

The region winners and runners up (16 teams total) all over Kentucky compete in a winner take all state championship.

(No Classifications)

No chance, no way, no how...too bad!!! :)

Posted by bobcatfan300:

The private schools are all going into their own divisiton. This is no longer speculation. It really doesn't matter if some AA schools drop to A because they will all be competing with the same rules...unlike now with the privates able to recruit from everywhere...like Temple...Georgia State Champs!

Did the TSSAA vote take place on this? I think not. I believe all they've done so far is to poll the member schools, then table the motion for further study.