Carmello Anthony or Lebron James?

Theanswer

I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone's opionin had changed on who should be the # 1 pick. Carmello Anthony is only a year older and his skills that look to be better and more polished than James. He has proven himself against the best the college ranks has to offer. If I had the # 1 pick I believe that I would take Anthony as my 1st pick. I don't see where James has any more potential than does Anthony. There is probally going to be no loser in this situation both look to be future stars.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmmmm....I've got to disagree. LeBron has a LOT more of an upside than Carmello. Both are GREAT. But...I mean...have you seen Lebron???? Their shots are about the same. LeBron is more athletic. He can jump straight out of the gym. Both are strong. LeBron has better vision and passes. I think LeBron handles the rock better. If I've got the number one pick....gimme LeBron.

Its hard to compare the two because they are playing on two different levels of competition. But if it were me I'd pick Anthony because of his great leadership skills. To lead your team to the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME as a freshman you gotta have game. People doubt Lebron's game because on the level he's playing on, but he proved it to the world in the McDonald Classic last week playing against the best in his class and dominating. But you cant go wrong with the two, Lebron may be more athletic, but if you're down by 2 with 10 seconds left who would you rather give it to. Me Anthony.

But again I haven't seen Lebron in those kind of situations, they blew out just about everyone they played.

What does everyone think about that dude from overseas that is (i think) 7'0? he is suppossed to be pretty good. the difference between him and james and anthony is that he has been playing professional ball overseas since he was 14!! james and anthony have been playin ball against people their own age all their lives but this guy is facing seasoned veterans overseas and still impresses scouts! i think with the 3 of them it's a flip of a coin but as for the original question i think i would rather have anthony! don't know why, just have a gut feeling that he will be able to produce sooner than james but both will be contending with each other for MVP awards down the road!

I don't know, this year has been pretty impressive for Carmelo Anthony. But still, LeBron James has more hype and has more of an upside. Maybe them two should just go one on one and whoever wins should get picked first. But Anthony, droppin' 33 on Texas last night, my team, and now they're out, I HOPE HE GOES 3rd BEHIND DIRCCO MILICHEC and LB!

After last night, Anthony is the #1 pick. He and James have the same type of game. Talent wise, it is probably a toss up. As someone else said earlier, I believe that Anthony has shown some leadership to a team that in my opinion was barely a talented team without him. He has been through the tourny with the pressures. Let's face it, most freshman studs fizzle out around conference tourny time, so he's got some grit as well as game.

Pick #1- Anthony

Pick #2- LJ

Pick #3- Overseas giant

-I would be afraid to pick the big guy over these 2 just because I can't get it out of my head back in the day when Sam Bowie and Hakeem Olajawaun got picked before "God in Sneakers."

definitely anthony because he played for a season was consistently one of the top 2 players in the nation in college! james is playing against kids his age or younger and without the kind of ability's he himself possess. i just don't see how lebron has "more of an upside"?? james just (to me anyway) hasn't proved himself yet. not that he won't because i think he will be one of the best in the NBA it'll just take longer than anthony because anthony went to college and will develop faster!

There is no question. I would take Anthony over James ANY DAY. James has only proven he can play against other high school kids. Anthony has led his team to the NCAA finals. If Anthony enters the NBA draft after this season he should go #1. If a team picks Lebron over Anthony they will be sorry.

This is easy...........Carmello Anthony. It is not even close. This kid has had a year of college at a high profile school in the biggest media market in the world. He can play inside and out, whether it be in the NBA or college ranks.

James will be good, no doubt. I like Anthony though. Like someone else posted, he has proved himself against tougher competition than James.