Carmello Anthony or Lebron James?

Theanswer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwyane Wade isn't a top-three pick this year if Milicic is eligible and Melo comes out (which I think is a sure thing now). Where he ends up, if he goes this year, will depend on what the teams need...but I think he's ready to be a solid SG in the League now. He will be a good one, and I'd love to see him in a Memphis Grizzlies uniform.

I know that all the experts are saying Carmelo is going pro, but I'm not so sure. If you have listened to many of his interviews you get the imprssion that he might be staying. Remember these same experts said Kentucky was gonna win it all and many said last year he would go pro. Stayed tuned I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Lebron isn't mentally or emotionally ready for an 82 game NBA season. Athletically, he is probably more gifted than Anthony, but Carmello has had a year under a veteran coach and a Big East schedule to mature. It's gonna take Lebron a while to grow up to be a big time player. Down the road, both have bright futures, but for now, I'd take experience. Thats one thing a person isn't born with.

Seems like I remember a situation in college football a couple of years back where there was an outstanding physically-gifted quarterback and an equally mature quarterback. All the "experts" banked on the one who was more gifted physically. Now, Peyton Manning plays in Honolulu the first week of February every year and Ryan Leaf ...ummmm....he uhh.....exactly. Leaf wasn't ready for the "off the field" aspects of football. Manning continues to shine. I know, this is a basketball board, but the concept is the same.

That being said, I'd take Anthony.

[Edited by PowerSet on 4-8-03 9:57A]

You take Lebron. If you didn't people would laugh at you. You know what you are getting with CA (A great player) but Lebron is an untapped source...(He could be the next Kobe, KG, Amare Stoudamire, or Randy Moss...or the next Ryan Leaf/Kwame Brown).

No one wants to mess up this pick...Jerry West traded Gooden because he gave them exactly what they wanted (BUT THEY WANTED MORE...LIKE STOUDAMIRE!) The NBA scouts do not draft on physical ability or skill right now...they draft on skill down the road in 2 or 3 years hopefully.

This is a no brainer. Carmello Anthony showed he can do it all and is the same age. I saw LeBron not make a shot outside of fifteen feet in a couple of games. He shows no perimeter game and Anthony has showed the total package. His upside is limitless. He did it in the final four in front of the world. CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

Kwame Brown will be o.k. it takes some longer than others to develop the mental capacity to succeed in the NBA. One of my Friends plays for the bulls and he said you wouldn't believe the mental and physical strain on these athletes and he was really NBA ready when he was drafted. Remember Tracy Mc Grady's first coach thought he'd be out of the league in three years and now he is one of the top 5 players in the league...it just takes other longer to develop. Another example Jermaine O'Neal spent about 4 years at the end of portlands bench before he exploded to be an all-star.

The number one pick is L.J. ;however, it may take him a lot longer to be a star than people may think! As for Anthony I don't think he'll be a great NBA player , but he will be a good one, he reminds me of a thicker Jarid Jefferies of last year which rides Washington's pine