Oak Ridge and Lussier

Beagleboy

How are things going in Oak Ridge these days? Are they still planning to run the Wing T? Are the Coaches getting ready for another sub-par season? I hope not. Lets go 15-0 and remind the state just how good Oak Ridge was before Lussier came to town. What will Gray and Lussier going to do when Booker is gone? Retire no doubt. Their system doesn't win but good players have made them look better than they are. Any thoughts?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachDG,

I'm assuming from some of your other posts that your are from Heritage. Have you gotten the chance to see the bruce lussier show where they replayed the heritage game. It's funny to sit and listen to coach lussier and the announcer complain about terrible officiating while you all pound it down their throats. :o

OR fans make me nauseous. When they win it's because of the players and when they lose it's because of the coaches. You guys need to wake up and realize that you are NOT the premier program in East Tennessee anymore and, furthermore, you never will be again! Keep reliving the glory days and see how many championships that wins you in the future.

As for the coaches show, I keep looking for those shows every night after 10:00, but my television seems to be stuck on the "art" films on Cinemax.

Coach DG, you must be a real classy coach to get on a message board and bad mouth someone else in your profession. "Yea, we did pound them hard" What an arrogant statement. What if a coach from a school with football tradition (Dobyns-Bennett, Sevier County, Oak Ridge, Maryville) got on this message board and made a statement such as that? I guess it can be overlooked since it comes from you. Of course you guys are guaranteed to finish 4th every year..... in your county

[Edited by belle on 4-8-03 11:16A]

Sorry if I upset you. I do take my profession seriously, and I would never have written something to bad mouth a program. And in no way am I bad mouthing Oak Ridge, but I am upset at their coaches for treating us the way they did. Not shaking hands is not professional. When Oak Ridge thumped us this year, they came sprinting over to the 50 yard line to shake hands, which we all did. And yes, we did "pound" Oak Ridge. Here's a lesson on football terminology: "pounding" means that we won the game by running the ball. We beat Oak Ridge running two plays: the weak side isolation and the off tackle. These are two of the simplest plays in the book. Once again, I am sorry if I upset you. I always try to post intelligently and professionally. I guess I was a little excited when I was given the opportunity to write about our only win in the past two seasons which was against the number 3 team in 5A at that time.

Apology Accepted. I don't know the Heritage or Oak Ridge coaching staffs but even if that did happen that does not need to be posted on a message board by another coach. (Just my opinion.) All you coaches spend alot of time doing a selfless job that is so open to criticism from unqualified people. You all deserve alot of credit. Good Luck

I have no problem losing games, as long as the winning team meets us at the middle of the field to shake hands, talk, and be part of the "fraternity" that coaches belong too. However, the only time that a coach has never shaken my hand was after that game. I have been part of some great wins and terrible losses. Each time, every coach has shaken my hand with class. I have always done that and been a part of a staff that has done that. Once again, Oak Ridge didn't do that and that really bothered me. Every year that kick the holy living crap out of us, but we won that night, and they did not respect us enough to do that and that will always bother me and it will always upset me because I take a lot of pride in what I do. Even though it doesn't show in the win column, I work very hard in putting my players in the best possible position to win. And, I can show you on film where they were in position to make almost all tackles, but they were either out-athleted or just missed the tackle. But, I hope everything is cool between us.

good post coachdg. And I believe it was me who brought up the term of "pounding" oak ridge. I'd also like to thank you for the clarification on the terms. That's exactly what I meant. Wasn't the score only a one or two point difference? That's certainly not a pounding. I was refering to the "pounding of the rock". That's not talking about the WWF either. Just in case there was any confusion.

You're welcome. I took it for granted that everyone understood what the term meant. However, sometimes I forget that everyone on here isn't a football coach. I am afraid that I upset belle. I didn't mean to. Thanks for the positive words. Yes, the score was us winning by only one or two.

[Edited by CoachDG on 4-8-03 12:46P]