14U boys substate in Knoxville

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T GET ME WRONG KAYA IS A GOOD TEAM BUT THE ONLY REASON KAYA "SPANKED" THE NASHVILLE ELITE WAS BECAUSE THAT WAS THEIR 4TH GAME OF THE DAY. I THINK IF THEY PLAYED ON FRESH LEGS IT WOULD B A DIFFERENT STORY.

I will be honest after watching the tournament as an outsider. I felt the best player in the tournament was cory cavin from the top gun. The reason that the kaya beat elite was because they are better. Yes the Elite had one great player but the kaya took him out of the game early in the 2nd qtr. kaya was the team with the most depth which helps but the elite wasn't coached very well. the kaya took that great shooter out of the game with a box and one to start the second qtr and the elite were finished. I think he took one shot the rest of the game. The coach placed him on the free throw line and there he stood for three qtrs. Yes you do try to atack the middle of the box but he stood there and couldn't get the ball. o changes were made at half time and all the elite did was take one pass and shoot the three the rest of thegame. they went from winning to losing by 30 in three qtrs because a failure to adjust. I was shocked however that kay dosen't ply any type of pressure. tey had far and away the best athletes and just set there in a 2-3 zone the entire tournament. At statethey will have to do more when they face teams with the same type of ability. The 2-3 mayhave been used to rest the players but they are so deep rest should not be an issue. Yes hey won the tournament due to ability but more pressure needs to be used for them to advance at state.

Guest FAbrock20

Hey AERoadrunners, thanks for responding. I don't know names to ask except for the ones from our team (the Eagles). From the Eagles - Coty Sensabaugh, Josef Throp, Emmanuelle Reid, or Reed Powell? the Cagers - #23? how about the Pacesetters? Hey, how is their coach? The lightning? I guess I should just look for a complete list, huh? If you know from the Eagles, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks again.

Skunk

(on someone else's computer)

[Edited by FAbrock20 on 4-30-03 9:12P]

We can press but there was never a reason to press in the Nashville game. I was going to press in the game with young guns but we had a foul trouble to deal with. I have nothing but respect for the young guns but there were a few mistake in what has been said the pass few days. The young guns have never beat KAYA or VINE in the past. We played in the state in Jackson and we won there. They have won the eastern sub state several times because they are a good team. However, the person that said it took us four years to beat them is mistaken. I understand they said they want to play again in the state and I hope we do because that would mean both of us made the play-offs. I don't know why everyone seem to try to act like we hate each other because we don't. I wish them all the luck in the world until we play and then it will be all out war. The other thing everyone seems to have forgotten was that our two biggest men didn't even play when we played the Young Guns. One wasn't there Saturday or Sunday and the other was gone Sunday.

The other thing I want to say is maybe the coaching was poor but i noticed we did win.

Hey coach there seems to be alot of misunderstanding going on because i know that KAYA has a great team and i remember our conversation before the game and you guys deserved the win, and in reference to the remark that i made about i hoped we got a chance to play you again that is exactly what i meant, because that would mean we would be in the playoffs and heck what more could you ask for than another chance! good luck to ya'll we'll see ya down there.

FLMS since your such an exper how come your Fort Loudoun Magics didn't register and play in the substate. With your wealth of coaching knowledge sounds like you all could have handled everyone in the tournament handily.

Posted by FLMS:

the elite wasn't coached very well. Yes you do try to atack the middle of the box but he stood there and couldn't get the ball. No changes were made at half time and all the elite did was take one pass and shoot the three the rest of the game. they went from winning to losing by 30 in three qtrs because a failure to adjust. I was shocked however that kaya dosen't ply any type of pressure. tey had far and away the best athletes and just set there in a 2-3 zone the entire tournament. At statethey will have to do more when they face teams with the same type of ability. The 2-3 mayhave been used to rest the players but they are so deep rest should not be an issue. Yes hey won the tournament due to ability but more pressure needs to be used for them to advance at state.