WHAT ARE THE BEST RIVALIES IN TN?

WarriorFan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"The oldest rivilar in the State isnt South Pitt vs Marion Co.... Its Rockwood vs Harriman its been going on sense 1921 and Rockwwod leads the all-time series 45-32-6 :justwrestle:"

I have a friend here in college that graduated from Harriman, I've been having fun with the past few years, since Harriman has become such a hapless team. But, its not only Football, but the region 2A basketball and baseball championships are almost always between these two. 8 miles of pure hatred.

If you've never been to a White House, Portland game you have'nt lived. This has been, over the last ten years or so, one of the biggest in the state. Since White House went up to 4a it hasnt been as exciting but is still a huge rivalry. White House schools are now split and they will probably go back down to 3a. Which leaves me with the question, is Portland planning on making the jump any time soon. If WH and P-town end up in the same region again look for the rivalry to be as intense as ever!

Wh and Springfield were always a big rivalry too especially around the time Springfield kept WH from going to the clinic bowl in 93 (springfield went on to win), but after Springfield made the jump the rivalry died down. It has since heated back up a little since WH went up.

I compare the WH, Greenbrier matchup with the Vanderbilt-UT matchup. If it wasnt so one sided I think it would be a better rivalry(and Im not trying to be mean so don't take it the wrong way bobcat fans, im a commodore fan anyways). If Greenbrier won a few I think it would ignite and quite possibly be as big as the WH Portland game.