WHAT ARE THE BEST RIVALIES IN TN?

WarriorFan

I think WAYNE CO and Collinwood is one of the best rivalries in south middle TN. There has been more destruction of stadiums from these two teams than any others probably!

This is a great rivalry. Most years have been close games. Does anyone know the record of this rivalry. I think W.C. used to beat up on C'wood til the mid eighties. I played from 86-90. We beat W'boro every year. My senior year had to be the best ever in the series. Just ask anyone who was there. C'wood 25-W'boro 22 in overtime. They had us beat til we forced a turnover and drove down and scored to tie at the end of regulation. What a battle that game was. This year will be one of those games. Both teams are rolling right along. I cant wait til the Trojans roll over the Wildcats.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great rivalry. Most years have been close games. Does anyone know the record of this rivalry. I think W.C. used to beat up on C'wood til the mid eighties. I played from 86-90. We beat W'boro every year. My senior year had to be the best ever in the series. Just ask anyone who was there. C'wood 25-W'boro 22 in overtime. They had us beat til we forced a turnover and drove down and scored to tie at the end of regulation. What a battle that game was. This year will be one of those games. Both teams are rolling right along. I cant wait til the Trojans roll over the Wildcats.

you were right on track until that last sentence! i think this is the cats year. it's been 4 long years coming!

this rivalry is huge! one of the funniest things that has ever happened in this rivalry was when some of the wildcats players and fans stole the big wooden trojan head at the stadium and had a bonfire with it! the funny part was the guys got caught and had to replace it. around the mid 90's the cats dominated one game at collinwood when we had mathis and frazier and that hole bunch. i think that was the year yall had the tiehouse kid. that was one of the biggest crowds i have ever seen in the long and heated rivalry! the hillside in the endzone was even almost packed! there were people everywhere. and the best part was we won! should be another sell-put crowd this year! it will be two good teams playing with a rich tradition.

i will try to get the total record sometime this week and put it on here.

Edited by wildcatpride

i don't think this rivalry needs any more spice! lol

i think that might change for ca this week!

the greatest thing about this rivalry is that most of the guys that play for these two teams know each other. these schools get along very well and wish each other the best of luck in every game but somewhere buried deep in the back of every person's mind they would really like to see them lose! it's too bad that the schedule has changed and this won't be the last regular season game for us this year. i think this years game would have made a great finality for this year's regular season! anyway, it will still be a great game.

I definately agree that Lipscomb and Goodpasture have a great rivalry... with the exception of last years playoff game when lipscomb pummeled goodpasture... the rest of their games have always come down to the last few seconds to determine the games outcome!!! Go Mustangs!!!

Edited by ForeverAMustang