What player shined the most!?!?

jackal

The East just had better coaching. Like Redlum97 said the West was worn out in the 3rd quarter but the coach left all of the big name guys in there and didn't give many of the others a chance. I was impressed by several players though, It was nice getting to see some of these players that I heard about all of last year but couldn't attend their games. T.T. Harper amazed me, He could flat out fly. Springs was very good too. Holt from Maryville was also very impressive. A.J. Blackburn was pretty impressive too, when he got the ball, which he didn't get even close to enough times. Wilcutt the QB from the West looked pretty good also. I was dissappointed in both QB's for the East though. Britton could throw the ball good but there were several times when he was rolling to his left that he could of stopped and set up and threw a good pass to the reciever that was 30 yards downfield but instead he threw a bad pass to a guy who was covered and yelled at the reciever who was 30 yards downfield. Healy seemed a bit like a baby. When he was taken out in the first quarter he started whining and went and stood by himself and sulked. If they would get their minds and attitudes right they could both be very good college QB's. I thought you could only have two players from one team in this game? Am I wrong because Riverdale had 3. B)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale also had a devensive lineman in the game. City Lawrence,if im not mistaken. also, didn taron hurt his foot agai when he fumbled the punt? it looked like some kid jumped on him and got his foot. he was limping off the field, and later i saw him on the sidelines with no pads on.

Guest region4fan

There is no set number per team. With the East team having 2 coaches from Region 4 , the kids from here were at an advantage.

I agree with you Golden Boy about Britton. He was always about himself. I saw him more than once scream at a receiver or a lineman during a game. I can tell you that it was pure pleasure seeing him get wiped out during the regular season. When they played Oakland the first time last season, Britton had not thrown an INT in 14 games. There was a huge article and picture in the paper about it. Well, we rattled him and he threw 2 in our game. One was returned for a TD. You should have seen the yelling then!I think he is a talented QB, but I do not think his antics will be tolerated by most coaches. Having your dad as one of your coaches saved his butt!

There is no set number per team. With the East team having 2 coaches from Region 4 , the kids from here were at an advantage.

I agree with you Golden Boy about Britton. He was always about himself. I saw him more than once scream at a receiver or a lineman during a game. I can tell you that it was pure pleasure seeing him get wiped out during the regular season. When they played Oakland the first time last season, Britton had not thrown an INT in 14 games. There was a huge article and picture in the paper about it. Well, we rattled him and he threw 2 in our game. One was returned for a TD. You should have seen the yelling then!I think he is a talented QB, but I do not think his antics will be tolerated by most coaches. Having your dad as one of your coaches saved his butt!

Nothing bad towards Britton, but I just wasn't impressed by him. I've seen other quarterbacks that have awed me more than he did. Maybe he was just having an off night.

Does anyone Know of any scouts being at MTSU for the Shriner Game??

and when will the game be aired on tv

I was watching the replay of the game last night and they said that college scouts are were not allowed to come to the game due to some rules. I don't know if the game will be aired again, but it was aired twice yesterday. Are you Dale's mom, landersmom? He did play really good. B)

I agree with Redlum and Jacketpride....the West had great backs and the coaching staff did not use them...they had their mind made up when the game started that they were gonna use only one back.The West also had an extremely back up back up QB that could fly.....They were simply out coached by the EAST....of course the 10 point rule hurt the West...could have probably put the East away...but got flatt and the East started to gel and that was the outcome.Again the coaches from the East used all their backs and kept fresh legs in..I guess they figured all was there for a reason and they used them..it made a difference..I was impressed by Holt from Maryville and the QB from Riverdale...very good athletes.Bobby Cliff had a good game and Cothran was in on every Tackle on special teams only carried the ball twice in deep territory but caught a pass for 11 yards when they needed it!!.......they made our Region proud.......way to go guys!!!!!!!!!!Good luck to all the guys in their future...from what I seen the State of Tennessee has some outstanding athletes and it was an honor to watch all of them play.....

My husband and I attended the game and were impressed with the talent level of both squads. It seems to us that this game has become the showplace game for this state - not the TN-KY game.

Any comments about the players are from my husband not me, so don't get on my case. The QB from Riverdale consistently threw the ball to his HS teammate (#4). On the first int. #14 was wide open down the sidleine. Don't think the West team could have scored a single point unless the East turned the ball over. He totally agreed that the East team out coached, out played, out hustled the West team. #8 from the East was a force all night long.

When looking at the program for the game, we noticed that the Holt kid from Maryville had not chosen a college. He certainly looked like he could play somnext level for someone.

Hopefully, our non-scholarship school here in Clarksville will try to contact this young man!!

;)B);)