5a paper champ for 2003

JPATS5

we will run the 5-3(nub) against teams that come out w/2 te's and balance us up. 3-4 is nowhere in our system. stupid information you're recieved. we have a 3-3 package that coach said we are going to run against 4 and 5 wr teams. w/coach hastings as the def coor. we should be solid no matter what we run. houston, jennings, and brown are special players w/the ball in their hands, bottom line. shiv will be too, in about another year.

how much is scoot weighing these days? i would like to see him get up to 160. do you think he can without losing any speed?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont, half the time. but you've got your own opinion. you just need to chill on promising everybody in the world that jeff will go 15-0 and blow everyone out by 4tds just b/c they return 15 starters who beat db there freshmen year and who have speed w/a 9th grade running back who never played against anybody but ran for 3,000 yards in 3 games. just sit back, relax, and watch as thigns upfold

Guest region4fan

Sounds like to me that Jpat55 is Shiverdecker's big brother. Therefore, that is why all the praise is being lavished on a 9th grader who has yet to have proven himself. Any varsity football player can tell you that they do not like 9th grade hot-shots coming in and trying to take over their team. If this kid gets moved to varsity, he will not be welcomed with open arms. I can tell you he will take more than his share of lumps in practices. The seniors especially will do the "welcoming." Jpats 55 , you are not doing this kid any favors by tooting his horn so loudly on here. You can rest assured that the players from Jeff County read this board religiously and will show your little 9th grader the ropes even worse b/c of your predictions and build-up about him.

So...if he is your little brother.........have confidence in him , but don't go putting a GIANT target on the kid's back!

also, jpats, listen to what jeffcountypatriot, and the rest of us have been saying...middle school football is different than high school. its a big difference in middle school and Freshman football, then its an even bigger difference in freshman and Varsity....this kid will be playin against 17-18 year olds who are much stronger, and faster than he is used to, and he wont be able to juke like he is used to. cuz i know he isnt a power runner if he got 800 yards in one game, even if he was, he wouldnt be in h.s, not as a freshman any way.

bottom line, on paper....with no injuries.....Oakland vs. Franklin/Gallatin

I know this will upset a couple of you guys, but how can you say that Oakland on paper is going to the BCB.

Last year, everyone touted Oakland as being so good with all their players coming back except their FB and MLB. Well they went on to underachieve and lost 4 maybe 5 games (albeit 2 to Riverdale), I just don't see how you can say they are going to beat RHS til they go out on the field and do it. I think since 98 they are 2 - 6 against Riverdale (per RHS web site)......Oakland is good and has a good program, but they have underachieved a few times when everyone thought they would be dominant. I know you are going to blame injuries, but Riverdale seems to overcome them. Just some food for thought.........