FRA vs Ezell

jordan9

Why is it so difficult to understand that a serious soccer player would change schools for the sole purpose of being coached by one of the best coaches in the state? Sorry to say that the "couple of parents" referred to just don't possess as much influence as you give them credit for. I suppose they are also paying the tuitions of the referenced "club players". As boring as it is there is just no such recruiting conpiracy, just kids who possess big goals hoping a great coach can help them achieve them. :justwrestle:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach McDonalds only recruiting device is his brilliant coaching. Girls see his team continuely getting better, and they want to be a part of this rise. They know that in order to get better, you need good coaching. And Coach McDonald is a great coach. They do not go out and recruit, they let their play on the field attract players for them.

Coach McDonald doesn't recruit. I would say that the parents your referring to don't actively recruit either. It's a matter of kids seeing other kids succeed and get better and then moving to FRA. Like I said, that happens in all sports. In fact, it happens in the Metro as well.

As for winning the state championship being a bit of a fluke. You could look at it two ways. First, to score any goal so late is always a bit lucky, regardless of the skill level. Second, I think even Coach McDonald was a bit surprised at how well his team faired. Most of his best players were younger, and he knew what a good group he would have this year. I think the state championship came about a year earlier than any of us would have expected. That being said, FRA was the best team at the state last year.

Just a hats off to the FRA coach and team for great sportsmanship. As a Ezell parent it was wonderful to see great soccer play with excellent attitude and coaching. Well done!!

well i'm glad the coaches and the players have great sportsmanship b/c their fans/parents sure dont, today at ooltewah me and a couple of my friends had a bullhorn that we would use to play a siren whenever the lady owls scored, so the score was 2-0 in favor of the lady owls and we had played the siren both times they scored and we received evil looks from the parents both times, then in the 2nd half fra finally scored, and as any fan of their own team would we didn't play the siren b/c our team didn't score which there shouldn't be a problem with that, but their parents were standin up screamin wheres the siren? and just lookin at us like we were doin somethin wrong, so they were like we didn't show bad sportsmanship to you so you can give us some respect, which is ridiculous b/c they didn't get up and cheer for our team when we scored which is basically what they were asking us to do, cheer for their team, so then after being disgusted by these fans we began a simple scoreboard scoreboard chant, and they just all stared us down...and make sure you remember these are supposed to be mature adults, and we are 17 year old kids...then fra scored again and again we didn't play the siren, but this time one of the girls dads came sprintin across the stands and got right and our face and was making a huge scene screaming at us Where's the Siren, Where's the Siren? and holdin his hand up to his ear askin for it like we were supposed to cheer for his team and he was yelling and screaming, and we tried to calm him down and asked him to go sit back in his seat and he made another smart remark so we had a few jabs of our own and we were just thinkin why is this old guy who is balding screaming at 2 kids over a siren, we thought this was a pretty childish act, so we said through the megaphone your 40 years old tryin to pick fights with 17 year old kids and he stands up and smart alecly remarks i'm 46 boy so there....and that is just the point we are boys, he is supposed to be a grown mature man and he was acting like someone who has maybe just gotten out of the 6th grade, the team may be a great team but it is sad that these adults would act like this over a dumb little siren, i couldn't believe this

Edited by mnewballer21

Me uninformed, maybe? McDonald a great coach, absolutely! Kids wanting to play for him, absolutely! Him going out and actively seeking those players, absolutely! Source: Coach inside FRA athletics worried that the school would get into trouble. Certainly not spouting ignorance, rather truth. Does it go on at a lot of schools, sure. Are parents generally the main recruiters, without a doubt.

what is the prob here?

if i was still that age and wanted to play soccer at a top level and it was within my means, and i was asked to come play at a school with a great soccer progam i would love to go. what is the big deal, it happens all the time. as long as you are not paying players or give out free rides i see no problem at all.

if a school says that they are doing the best they can at being a good program and they want good talent to help them, i would see that as a good thing. every school public or private should do that. man this country is a about being the best you can be.

just look at the way it is now: we have 3 state champs in girls and boys soccer. so we have no true state champ. who is really the best? that is the nature of competion to work to be the best.

to illustrate in my town we have about 5 teams all split up in to 2 different divs. a/aa and aaa. it would make for a much better and competitive enviroment if we were all competing for the same thing. we are all at roughly the same skill level. so great rivalies that could be right in the same town never get to play out, except in good non district games.

i kind of rambled there but it seems so much division in sports is not good in general. just would be nice to see a true state champ ;)