FRA vs Ezell

jordan9

See...tellin you the name of the coach would be a big problem for him and since he is a great friend I'm not going to put him through what could be some problems. If you don't believe me, don't care because I know what's goin on. Trouble with recruiting players to come play at your school....this is HIGH SCHOOL and attending games where 12 and 13 year old kids are playing and then going up to them to ask them to play at school _______, is that what we want high school athletics to be about. It's more than just not paying them to play, it's the honor in the profession of not messin with another school's athletes. If they choose on their own to leave one school to play at another, more power to them. If a coach at the high school level is actively pursuing them to play at his school, then folks we have a problem! We do not want high school sports to turn into a game of who can recruit the best....Major college athletics is corrupt enough, do we need to begin to spread that into the high schools too? Let your program speak for itself and leave the young kids alone! Over, out, and done with the topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what games have you guys been at??? the times we've played them they are nothing but dirty, and there coach is the worst. The ref actually for once made a good call and the fra coach went off saying the foul was on us when his player shoved our girl down from behind. so i don't know where you're getting that he's classy

what games have you guys been at??? the times we've played them they are nothing but dirty, and there coach is the worst. The ref actually for once made a good call and the fra coach went off saying the foul was on us when his player shoved our girl down from behind. so i don't know where you're getting that he's classy

Look, i basically don't know anything about FRA's coach, and we have played them once and they weren't that dirty, i mean they were your average physical team. And believe me there is NOTHING wrong with a physical team. well most of the time there isn't, but the point that I am trying to make, is that all coaches want to keep their players safe! I don't think there is a coach I know that hasn't yelled at the ref for a call that was bad in their eyes. So don't go judging their coach until you have played for him.

See...tellin you the name of the coach would be a big problem for him and since he is a great friend I'm not going to put him through what could be some problems.  If you don't believe me, don't care because I know what's goin on.  Trouble with recruiting players to come play at your school....this is HIGH SCHOOL and attending games where 12 and 13 year old kids are playing and then going up to them to ask them to play at school _______, is that what we want high school athletics to be about.  It's more than just not paying them to play, it's the honor in the profession of not messin with another school's athletes.  Over, out, and done with the topic

So how many degrees of separation from the truth would you like us to take? If you didn't see it or hear it it is not appropriate to slander anyone's reputation. When and if you ever see McDonald cross the line then you should step forward. It appears there are plenty of people who know him well and do not see what you accuse him of.... in my opinion your accusations are without honor......and should not go without reprimand even though you seek to stop discussion with your biased opinions. :D

Physical or dirty play…. Everyone will have their own opinion and disagreeing on that topic is one of the many things that make soccer interesting. Some teams are built on finesse and others on physical play. But everyone should be allowed to have his or her own opinion.

On the topic of coach McDonald recruiting I have some direct experience as it relates to the club team and the coaches/parents referenced in prior posts. My daughter Stephanie has played for that club/travel team for two years and practiced at FRA the entire time. I come to about ½ of the practices and can tell you for a fact that I have never seen coach McDonald at one of the practices nor has my daughter ever seen him either. I have five sets of parent friends from that travel team whose daughters attend FRA and play on their soccer team. Since we had transferred my older daughter to private school for high school most of them ask if my younger daughter would also be transferring out of public school. Further, they ask if she had any interest in FRA since she had so many friends at the school as well as on the team. Is this considered recruiting? If it is then my older daughter was recruited by 3 public and 2 private schools to play softball when we had casual conversations with parents from other schools about her plans to transfer this past summer. However, I choose to think that when a parent says, “we would love to have your daughter play for our school” it is a complement not recruiting. As for FRA I know that some of the parents would have loved for my daughter to attend the school and play soccer with her friends. But we were never recruited by the coach in any manner, especially those that have been depicted in some of the posts. Coach McDonald has never even met my daughter or me but I know his reputation is above reproach.

So argue physical, rough or dirty play all you want. But if you are not willing to bring specific facts into the discussion you should not traffic in gossip at the expense of a coach who has the highest respect among his peers in the TSSAA as well as the SEC (South Eastern Conference). I am speaking from experience, if they recruited then my daughter would have been recruited….. but she was not!

• 2 weeks later...