Blackman vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

Guys my honest opinion on this game is I'm not sure!! The Blaze team of 2003 is new and unproven, as I said in earlier posts has the "potential" to be very good! Problem is we had to replace most of last years starters, a depleated depth chart (45 or less), and only a few with real varsity experience. Looks drab huh! Now lets look at what I do know! This Blackman team although a small senior class (12 or 13 Sr.s) should be a great bunch of leaders! This group has challenged their underclassmen in the offseason like no other! The 2003 team is the strongest team overall so far in the short Blaze history! This means the work ethic is there! Will it play out onto the field? I have to think it will, but we won't know until friday night! LC does have a slight advantage b/c they played last week against a good team I might add! BUT, from all you great fans that posted about the game, what I took from them was that both teams made alot of mistakes! That's ok it's early! That also tells me that we aren't that far behind either! Win or lose I know that this fine young and talented Blaze team will leave with all the Falcons respect, b/c they will leave it all on the field! This isn't trash talk it's my honest opinion of this years fine Blaze football team! There won't be any magic tricks or 4.4 RB's going the distance, just in your face 3-4 yards at a time, stop us if you can old time football! Some call it old school football, I call it football with "HEART!" See ya at "The Pit!"

PS. inot2bad I wanted your e-mail so maybe we could hookup at the game! I don't wager much bit if I do i'm good for it!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this will be a good game... dont count out blackman but i think licoln co will win.. i think playing in the pit will give them the advantage.. i have heard that was a hard place to play.. smyrna went down there and got drilled by lincoln county in the summer... i think kenny will do good.. he is a great runningback.. as for dawson.. he is a great athlete.. only reason he didnt do good last year was because he only have one reciever to throw to.. i think if he has some recievers this year then he will do pretty good.. he has to calm down and make sure to set his feet.. i think lincoln county by 10 pts ;)

but, i wont be suprised if blackman pulls out an upset... GO BLAZE!!!!

LC 28

Blackman 13

Lincoln County is too deep and experienced for Blackman. LC's D-line is probably the best they've had in years...maybe even better than the 93 D-line. Gregory has the potential to be mentioned with Blake, Buchanon, and Henderson when speaking of great RB's. I look for him to really carry LC to the big win tonight, taking off some pressure on #12 and allowing him to shine as well. Taking nothing away from Blackman though. They are a good team and do hold bragging rights over the Falcons right now. They've beaten the same Falcons 2 years straight, BUT that alone works to LC's advantage. They DO have something to prove. They have revenge on their minds. Plus the battlefield is the "Pit" one of the toughest places to be the visitors. Blackman better bring their A-game or else it will get ugly. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Guest Oakland

come on man, whatever happened to rooting for teams in your region and or lc beats blackman 48-0 mba will beat lavergne at least 70-0, you guys(lavergne) will be at a much more disadvantage than blackman i see blackman making this game close and maybe pulling it out in the end, who knows!

look man i was jus joking its called talkin trash u know and i want blackman to win but i belive that this lincoln county team is nuthing to play wit.i seriously dont see that as the score because we scrimmaged them they dont have that kind of offense that can score high numbers.now i really am looking at a 10-7 game itrs gonna be a defensive battle

From the time that last year was over I have been saying that LC will be playing in at least the third week of the playoffs. I believe they will be very focused, after last years beating, and will win this game by about 10-14 points. I believe this being the first game for Blackman will be a pretty big factor. Should be a good one.

I noticed that during that game between MBA and Trinity last Saturday night, someone was posting play by play accounts of the game on this site. That was nice.

Is there anyone out there who is going to be listening to this game on the radio? It sure would be nice for those of us who can't be at the game and who can't pick up the radio station if someone would use this site to let everyone know how the game is progresssing.

This game has stirred MUCH interest and a lot of us can't be there and can't pick it up on a radio.

Well at least its good to see that not everyone is counting the Blaze out of this game. I have been talking to some of the players this week, and they are stoked about going to the pit to play. If our offense can put together drives of 9+ plays and put some kind of points on the board, then i think Blackman has a real good shot of winning. Everyone is saying that Lincoln County has to much talent and Blackman doesnt have a shot of winning, well its not like those things havnt been said before.

Hey rebel, i didnt mean any disrespect to you. Most of us normal posters on this website have a mutual respect for one another. But do you really think that Lincoln County will win by 40+? :justwrestle:

My answer to your question is "NO" for 2 reasons.

#1. A down year for a Murfeesboro team is an above average year for most others.

#2. Lincoln County coach Louis Thompson is not worried about how much the Falcons will win BY, but just that they win. I keep reminding everyone that LC has not beaten Blackman up unto this point, and until they do, Blackman has the mental edge. Tonight could be the night that all of that changes. Hopefully we won't have to wait out a one hour storm delay in the middle of the game to find out.