REBELRON or any other rebel...

anspa

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AERoadrunners, I have not saw any Maryville fan say that MHS was going to win the state title. Other teams fans have been saying that.

You have done a lot more crowing about AE than we Rebel fans have crowed about Maryville.

mhs hit it on the head. It is way too early to say that anyone will win the state title.

One game at a time.

Rebelron: Good to see you again too. ( you missed your "VCC" after the game) Could you feel the "crowd apprehension" dissapear when Smitty made the defensive touchdown? Almost as if it was reassurance that things will be right with the world again this season.

I agree about the comparrison with the '99 team. Similar team. I believe they'll keep their cool for the season. May not be pretty, but "Black Swarm IV" should be maintaining the "status quo".

just keep those picks coming Aeroadrunners !! :D . we're miles and miles ahead of where we were in 2000 , the last time we had this big of a turnover in personnel. i remember watching the halls game with rebelron in 2000 as we took our 4th loss in a row to start the season . we looked pathetic !! everyone remembers what happened after that , no more losses .... state championship . this team still has an awfully long ways to go , but if they want it bad enough , they have the talent on hand to go far again this year !! strong leadership must step forward though , i don't see anyone like Carl Stewart or Brandon Waters roaming the sidelines getting everyone fired up . vocal leaders who set the example on and off the field are what MARYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL needs right now !!!

i'm not sure about how i feel about the 2 platoon qb system either . i can see putting Rouse in some , but not to the extent of friday night . Cade Thompson is a proven qb who is deadly accurate . our young receivers need to be getting their timing down right now in game situations with our best throwing qb . we're deeper at receiver than anywhere else , but other than Tyler Gaskin and Clement , they're very inexperienced !! oh ya , btw , it makes me very nervous watching Cade Thompson being the lead blocker on Rouse's option runs !!! does it anybody else ???

GO REBELS !!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with most of the other rebel faithful. Much work is needed and in store. The win was ungly but make no mistake it was a solid win. Carter had a chance to even the score but team play by the Red D stopped that. Fumbles and interceptions were a problem that I an sure GQ focus on this week. Come out and watch the JV tonight and the re-load continues in Maryville. Go Rebs.

Hey Rebel fan's. I think we are being a little tuff on our selves. First of all almost everyone has said that Carter was going to be much better than last year, although that is still unproven they did seem improved to me. Also remember we were without both of our starting running backs. It was the first game of the season. We do have a lot of new starters. I read a lot of talk about the line not performing. I feel just the opposite. Yes it could have been better and I have no dought it will be. Remember, both starting backs were out. We still rushed for almost 200 yrds. And I believe we aloud no sacks. That’s really not so bad and I believe against Alcoa this week we will see an improvement. Last year we beat carter 35-0. Without a dropped pass in the end-zone and a fumble on the 5 Yard line the out come of this game could have been 42 – 7, without our starting backs. Not so bad. So what do you guys think? Am I thinking with my heart or brain...? :D

BIGRED AND REBELRON,If you guys want to bring up the shouldv'es and the couldve's.If we we make a catch on fourth down in the 2nd qt the score wouldve been 14-14 at the half.And if the ball don't lodge in to your tackles arm and helmet for an int for a TD(the kid was attempting to knock down the pass not catch it)the score couldv'e been 21-14 Carter at the half.But the truth is Maryville won 28-7(you and I both know the game was closer than the score) so you guys need to move on to Alcoa and we need to move on to Fulton.And who knows maybe we see each other again later.GO HORNETS!