Class of the Trinity Parents and Fans

WarriorFan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also played in the game for MBA and would like to say every Trinity player was a class-act. They didn't take cheap shots, run their mouths at all like other teams, or play dirty. I snapped on the field goals and PATs and although it didn't really affect me, I wish I could have found whoever had the air horn. I think it reflects poorly on the Trinity fans since any parent or coach could have stopped it. I did hear the story about the cheerleaders and their sign and that also upset me. Trinity fans were extremely rude to the cheerleaders. The Trinity players, however, were awesome competition, and I wish the team the best luck this year.

Brandon...Quit your whining. If there was a problem with the way Trinity fans were setting up their tailgating then someone from MBA should have been there to fix the problem. These fans probably took off a day from work and drove 3 hours to see a great game. When you want to tailgate you get there early to get your spot set up. If they took up extra spaces, then that is because MBA let them. Remember they are from out of town and not familiar with the campus. Don`t fault them now after the fact. That doesn`t seem to classy in itself.

BTW...congrats to MBA for winning a great game. It certainly had statewide and national interest. You made all Tennnesseans proud.

The tailgating-MBA knew Trinity has the reputation of "taking over" compuses(that is why the pre-game party started at 2:00 according to Brad G) and should have controlled the parking next to the field. I saw nothing wrong at all with this since they just did what anyone else would without restriction.

The horn-probably one of the worst displays of sportsmanship I have ever seen. The officials shold have penalized Trinity. That would have stopped it. I wonder why the coached did not demand it. Things like horns cause fights and are unacceptable. I can tell you this, if anyone did this on the MBA side they would have it placed in an appropriate place-where it couldnt be heard.

Trinity-great tradition, great team, great fans, don't let some moron spoil your reputation. Good luck rest of year.

Brandon-

That parking lot is for player parking. I hear that many of the MBA players had to park off campus because the Trinity tailgaters refused to move. This was also at 3 o'clock, three hours before kickoff.

Now is it me or was the parkng spaces designated for players. Every MBA game i have been to this is where the players park. I wasnt able to make it to the game but no home player should have to give up its spaces to the opposing team. having those spots for the players is a reward for their hard a work and dedication on the field. now if they asked the trinity people to move and they didnt, i would have to say that is disrespectful.

This sounds like MBA lost! Why don't you spend some money and add some parking to your microscopic campus. I think most Tennesseans are proud that one of our own beat a nationally ranked team. The tenor of this string sounds petty and not worthy of MBA. Congratulations on a great game. Now stop complaining about parking and horns.

To all on this thread,

This entire subject is much ado about nothing. MBA was proud to host the Trinity players and fans to our campus. The atmosphere was great and everyone who attended saw an exciting, hard fought game.

The Trinity fans I chatted with at the game and those like rockmom who have posted on CoachT are very gracious and quite knowledgeable about high school football. The Trinity team is as classy a group as I have ever seen. I hope things work out somewhere down the road that would allow us to host them again.

There are no issues as far as I am concerned about the class of anyone from Trinity, so I hope the mods will lock this thread ASAP.