Oakland vs. Brentwood Academy Score

OhS04

Guest region4fan

Hey Rebel, I am not making excuses. The first game is always one where you iron out the wrinkles. We suffered from some serious cramps. The main team was left in to get them used to playing 4 quarters. Since we have so many 2 way starters, they HAVe to be in great condition. This told us that we needed more conditioning. You expect some fumbles and botched snaps in the first game. BA was fortunate cause they got those jitters out in week zero . If you talk to anyone that went to their first game, they would have told you that BA looked beatable.For us, there is no excuse for missed tackles anytime. I know these kids have been taught good fundamentals! We got down by 20 in no time at all. It was kind of bizarre to hear the scores from other games announcede almost identical to ours in the same quarters. ( Laverge Blackman, and Eagleville) We were shell-shocked in the stands and I am sure the players and coaches were too. It was almost like we were in slow motion. We did miss Carlos, but I am not going to say that we would have won with him in there. I would hope that the score would have been more on our side and less for BA's side since Los plays O and D. But the fact of the matter is that we got whupped by a very athletic team who had about 80 or 90 kids. They were able to send in fresh troups constantly. We had kids who never came out. That is the hand that we have been dealt. We are going to have to live with it all season, so the guys are going to have to get ready and go. I will give Kudos to big Smitty...that kid looked to be in good form especially to be as big as he is. This week will tell us a lot about how these boys are gonna handle things. I think they will bounce back and you will see a very different and determined group of scrappy boys in red, white, and blue. I, for one, am standing behind them!

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region, he isnt even worth the energy, just let it go.

we shall see when december rolls around. oh, jeff co has 71 players on its roster and will use about 30-35 of them in each game. in our first game, we defeated a pretty good rhea co team 32-13 and didn't have one player go down with cramps. in short, we are ready.

Guest region4fan

Jpats...guess you are lucky that a new school wasn't opened 3 miles down the road from you that took 17 of your boys. No zone exemptions granted by the board. Of course when Blackman opened , Riverdale was able to keep most of their kids. They got their zone exemptions! Riverdale was supposed to lose 33 kids to Blackman . of course it helps when the superintendent is the one who hired Rankin as head coach and was principal of Riverdale for years before becoming superintendent. He can go back and approve an exemption when it is denied by the board. Isn't that convenient??

Guest region4fan

I am not blaming our loss on Riverdale. I was just stating that we had low #'s cause of Siegel. You know that yall were able to keep most of your kids when Blackman opened. We were denied all of ours! The same day that our kids were denied theirs, it was in the paper that a kid from Central from OUR zone was granted an exemption to play football at Riverdale. Now you know what I am saying is true, TDCMAN. I was simply explaining our low numbers to Jpats.

JPat, you have a lot to learn...

When your team beats someone decent, come on here and let us hear it. You only have a couple chances for that to happen this year because of your schedule, but if it does, the floor is yours. Until then, stick to JeffCo threads and support your team there instead of demeaning other schools outside of your area. Believe me, BA and Oakland would both be more than competitive against your Patriots...remember 1996?

Feel free to support your team...just don't degrade others.