Is this still an issue?

donhaney

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it is a world where parents have the right to send their kids to whatever school they choose.

That has been, is, and will always be the case even if private schools are outlawed. I've got more than a few years experience and I have never, not once, seen a child go to a public school which their parents didn't want them to attend. I've seen kids use their father's address even though they live with their mother, use their aunt's address, use their uncle's address, use their grandparents address, use their step parent's address, and I've seen school administrators look the other way.

Like I have said here more than once, make a rule, apply it equally to public and private schools and let the chips fall where they may (i.e. no transfers or transfers have to sit out a couple of years).

What you said was, "As long as it is a world where parents have the right to send their kids to whatever SCHOOL they choose."

What you meant was, "As long as it is a world where parents have the right to send their kids to whatever PRIVATE school they choose."

This discussion has nothing to do with choice and everything to do with private schools.

NO, what I meant, this is a country of free choice, parents have the right to send their kids to whatever school they choose. But you devotees to a troubled system need to realize Public schools do not have a monopoly on kids. If the government told you that you can only have one type of car, or told you how to dress.....you guys would screem communist dictatorship. But if a kid goes to a different school, then it is a conspiracy to recruit an athlete to dominate public school athletics. Give me a break.

NO, what I meant, this is a country of free choice, parents have the right to send their kids to whatever school they choose. But you devotees to a troubled system need to realize Public schools do not have a monopoly on kids. If the government told you that you can only have one type of car, or told you how to dress.....you guys would screem communist dictatorship. But if a kid goes to a different school, then it is a conspiracy to recruit an athlete to dominate public school athletics. Give me a break.

I must have misread what you said. I'm on the side of letting everyone compete without regard to where they go to school. I thought you were saying that as long as there is choice, the anti-competition forces would not stop until they ran off all of the private schools. Sorry.

They have tucked their tail and ran I think. We have shread apart their false accusations. No longer can they come on here and defend their point of view. I think in order to hinder the chances of any split, we need to keep the topic of public open zoned schools being discussed on the football board. I think the more it is discussed out in the open, the more people will realize how similar public and private schools are.

It`s so obvious from comments made on here that people who support a split know very little about private schools. They have their biases and thats it. It`s sad some of the ridiculous comments they make. If you truly enjoy football you want the best teams playing regardless of who they are.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral