Brentwood 14 Blackman 13

stumpman13

Props all around to Blackman on a number of points: You have a beautiful campus and a heck of an atmosphere. You're right, it seemed like a battle of the bands all night long. The din was constant. Second, Kenny Meredith is the real deal-you don't bring him down with just one tackle. And where did #25 come from? Your team, particularly the line, played inspired ball. And you have a tremendous kicker that forced Brentwood to defend a short field all night. 50 and 47 yard field goals, near miss on a 57 yarder. Brentwood should some tremendous senior leadership the second half. Van Horne, Fugate, Moore, Davis, Turner-those guys have taken up what Austen and Co. left behind. Ian, in particular, was dominating. First half was a never-ending series of penalties (Fugates 57yard TD run in the first series, etc.), fumbles after getting first downs, dropped passes for first downs and big gains, and missed opportunities (near TD falling by one yard short at the end of the first half) horrible field position. Bruins grew up tonight. Blackman, on the other hand, is to be congratulated for not playing the role of the underdog. You played hard and tough and good enough to win. You did not look like the team we saw on film. The rest of your region needs to take you into account. Tremendous effort by both teams. Great coaching job on both sides.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Blackman had depth they would be giving more teams like Brentwood fits. Many of the players were cramping. especially defense, just on the field too long. Small squad in numbers hurts. It appeared Brentwood had twice as many players on the sidelines than Blackman. If Brentwood QB could get better on his passes they will be a threat.

BHS Blaze band not as exciting as has been in pass. Kids are there to have a good time, not practice for Contest of Champions. But I have feeling that is changing. Understand Band Dirctor at siegel has one goal - not entertain fans, but to win a contest.

Proud of Blaze.

Eric, I am very impressed with Blackman's play last night, and I do feel my pre-season predictions may need adjustment.

However, I can understand Riverdale's loss, but what happened to Oakland man? I thought you said they were as close to the real deal as they have been in years.

And one more thing, turn on your phone!

-JohnC

Blackman had an awesome night of football. They were definitely the underdogs but they came so close to pulling it off. As said before, the bands were also at it. The Blackman band has always been very entertaining with the music. However, Brentwood's band was really good. The color guard even added so much to make their band better.

Next week for Blackman is Smyrna. Should be a good game if BHS keeps up the fight.

Guest region4fan

We scrimmaged Brentwood the Tuesday of Week zero. I thought they had some exceptional athletes. I did see the Championship game from last year, and they certainly were not that team. However, they were good and their coaching is superb. I do not know what happened at Blackman, but maybe they just didn't expect the fight that The Blaze put up against them.

Hey Blaze im proud of you guys. You went into the game with almost everybody picked you to loose big. You showed everyone your drive and competitive spirits. Each week that goes by you all get better. The only thing that kept us from loosing that game was depth, but as the season goes on the kids will get in better condition, plus if those tipped passes wouldve fell the other way like slim said, who knows? Lets get ready for the Bulldogs now guys, this is a HUGE region game for us, we have the advantage of playing at the Inferno so lets go out their and make it 3-0 vs Smyrna.

To answer a previous question, #22 is Phillip Sanford. :D