Worst Place To Play Away

nader64

just wondering how many of you that say orange mound (melrose) have ever played there...or is it just word of mouth that makes you scared?

this is a team that has revitalized their community. they have tremendous fan support. it is a tough place to play because they definitely pack the stands. but any place that you let intimidate you can be a tough place to play. their boys are out there trying to win a game just like the other team.

just curious how many of you had actually been to or played a game there...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one has got this right.

Howard is the worst place to play in the state.

Stadium is falling apart. Bleachers are a death trap.

And of course the school is in the middle of one of the worst areas in Chattanooga.

Could get shot just standing on the sidelines.

The place is a real death trap and it's pathetic that the city or the TSSAA does nothing to make it any better.

Howard should have no home games of any kind.

Del.

Maybe this how Howard feels about going deep into the sticks to play a game.

just wondering how many of you that say orange mound (melrose) have ever played there...or is it just word of mouth that makes you scared?

this is a team that has revitalized their community. they have tremendous fan support. it is a tough place to play because they definitely pack the stands. but any place that you let intimidate you can be a tough place to play. their boys are out there trying to win a game just like the other team.

just curious how many of you had actually been to or played a game there...

I been there many times and played there a few times.

I can't believe no one has got this right.

Howard is the worst place to play in the state.

Stadium is falling apart. Bleachers are a death trap.

And of course the school is in the middle of one of the worst areas in Chattanooga.

Could get shot just standing on the sidelines.

The place is a real death trap and it's pathetic that the city or the TSSAA does nothing to make it any better.

Howard should have no home games of any kind.

Del.

Maybe this how Howard feels about going deep into the sticks to play a game.

Howard has never been mistreated or threatened on the mountain. We have at their place.

The place should be bulldozed.

Del.

Why is everybody scared of playing at Melrose and Howard? I've been to games at both stadiums and it's not as bad everybody thinks it is. I like the crowd atmosphere in Memphis! The band plays loud, the crowd is loud! That's how high school football is supposed to be, no matter if it is in a predominatley black area such as Orange Mound or Chattanooga, or and area such as Fayetville or Murfreesboro.

also, where would Howard get the money to build a brand new stadium or a brand new hgh school?? Like Del said, Howard is in a bad area in Chattanooga (but trust me, its not the worst) and the people that go there live in run down houses and or housing projects, and that school probably doesn't get much support from the city to build a brand new school or a brand new stadium. People need to understand that some people at Howard struggle to put food on their tables on a daily basis. People at Howard and Melrose are poor and it was not their choice to live in that area. Everybody doesn't have the luxury of a stadium like Riverdale's or a school like Blackman, but these people have pride in their football teams, and that is what really counts.