Maryville fans only

REBELRON

Maryville's freshmen beat Morristown West freshmen 41-0

This was my 1st time watching this year. They are very good. May be the best Freshmen team I have seen. I compare them to Chuch Prugh's class and Brandon Waters class when they were freshmen.

Offensively.

QB. Derek Hunt does a good job of leading the offense. He will be a Nick Giles type of quarterback. He knows the offense real well. He works hard and will get better. Taylor Akins and Josh Merion did well in spot duty.

RB. Adrian Baker is a stud. He will play a lot next season. He just ran through tacklers tonight. Ryan Singleton ran the ball very well. He is very good. Had some nice runs tonight. Tanner Caylor and Dwight Wood had some nice runs.

WR. Tyler Maples is just like his brother Ryan. Tyler will play a lot next season. Josh Burchette looks good at receiver also.

OL. They looked very good. Lewis Darrus,Justin Husky,Reese Brassler,Taylor Steele and others looked good. They dominated the line of scrimmage.

Defensively.

DL. The line dominated the line of scrimmage. Dwight Wood is outstanding at defensive end. He made all kinds of tackles. He is a headhunter.

LB. Awesome group of linebackers. Tanner Caylor is a hitting machine. He really is a very intense guy. Joseph Miranda and Adrian Baker were great also.

DB. Tyler Maples,Ryan Risor and Landon "Cowboy" Hall make up a good secondary.

Offense is very good but the defense is what impresses me the most. Tanner Caylor,Adrian Baker,Dwight Wood and Landon Hall were great on defense tonight.I love the way the defense plays.They take no prisoners.

If these guys stay together and work hard the sky is the limit.

MLREB, Feel free to add more to this thread. I look forward to your response. I hope to see them play William Blount a week from monday. Good luck Freshmen Rebels. Beat the Greenback Jr Varsity this monday.

Tackle4aloss. Good to meet you tonight.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RebelRon,

I'm sure you probably already heard about WB vs Central freshmen this week. Central won a hard fought contest in overtime. Blount had some chances to put it away but couldn't. O-line couldn't block Central at all.

I think the Baby Gov's will get up for Maryville, but I'm afraid emotion won't be enough. Hopefully, we can make it a good game ... no poor mouthing, being serious ... but I'm not real optimistic.

Too say the least, this group is impressive. Most of the pieces are there and with alittle more experience this team is gonna be something special. I was very impressed with both lines. They pretty much dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. RebelRon highlighted all the skill players and I agree 100%. Excellent linebackers and the whole defense swarms to the ball. It was 41-0 and it wasn`t really that close if that`s believable. The *machine* is rolling! :justwrestle: Go Rebs!!

Jason told me about it. He said that WB should have beat them. Jason takes all those losses hard. He is excited about WB chances for beating Ootlewah.

I expect MHS freshmen's toughest game to be the William Blount freshmen.

RebelRon,

Everybody I've talked to ... from GQ at Maryville, to Coach Phelps at WB, to Carpenter's Middle Coach Mike Brewer, to several WB players and parents .... all say the same thing, "Jason has one of the best football minds and the ability to get it across to players as well as anyone they've ever seen his age."

George said he's never had a high school quarterback that knew the game any better than Jason did.

Bottom line ... we need to make sure he does whatever he needs to do academically in order to pursue a coaching career. That is, of course, if that is what Jason wants to do.

What's he doing currently, as far as schooling goes?

Jason told me about it. He said that WB should have beat them. Jason takes all those losses hard. He is excited about WB chances for beating Ootlewah.

I expect MHS freshmen's toughest game to be the William Blount freshmen.

RebelRon,

Everybody I've talked to ... from GQ at Maryville, to Coach Phelps at WB, to Carpenter's Middle Coach Mike Brewer, to several WB players and parents .... all say the same thing, "Jason has one of the best football minds and the ability to get it across to players as well as anyone they've ever seen his age."

George said he's never had a high school quarterback that knew the game any better than Jason did.

Bottom line ... we need to make sure he does whatever he needs to do academically in order to pursue a coaching career. That is, of course, if that is what Jason wants to do.

What's he doing currently, as far as schooling goes?

Govman, I appreciate the comments. Jason does know football real well. Jason was a real good quarterback at Maryville High School. He threw 29 touchdown passes his senior year. He played baseball at Carson Newman for one year. Then he transferred to Maryville College in the fall of 2001. He decided to play football and baseball at Maryville college. After the starting quarterback went down in the opener Jason won the starting job. Tragically, In his 1st start he got hit and had his knee tore up. He had to give up football and baseball. That was very hard on him. He told me he learned most of his football from George Quarles. Jason likes Ronnie Phelps,Robert Reeves and the rest of the guys coaching William Blount. He said they are great guys.

Jason is taking classes at Pelissippi right now. He wants to be a science teacher and a coach. He is fired up about coaching football. He told me he gets more fired up coaching than he did when he played.

Jason likes to read coachT. He sometimes posts under my name.