Carter Hornets

qbsdad

Can the much improved Hornets finish 7-3.The toughest part of Carter's schedule is behind them.When you looked at the schedule 2-3 was probably what was expected after 5 games 3-2 would have been a stretch,4-1 would have been a dream,5-0 well I don't know how to describe that.Now its time to see if the Hornets are really improved.The next 5 games are all good matchups for the hornets.Here is my take on what the Hornets have to do to win out. 1.Figure out we can do on the kickoff team we have to do something here the field position is killing us at the start.WE WIN TOSS WE DON'T WANT TO KICKOFF PERIOD....2.Offensively our speed should be an advantage the rest of the way.We are getting pretty predictable,we need to find the middle of the field with our passing game and we need to find #8 more often(#12 and #23 have got to cut down on the drops)Offensive line seems to be doing good job on the run,pass protection is OK at times.QB is no longer a sophmore he must take more of leadership role on this team QB needs to get some sort of signals worked out with the coaches he is running a marathon to get the plays.Defensively the Hornets have been pretty consistent all season the key here is we must get healthy #75 #76 need to be in the game our depth is a concern.#55 has to quit getting sucked in so quick.#56 is having a great year and needs to keep it up.If the Hornets stay healthy I say we go 7-3 finish 3rd in the region and lay the ground work for a good run over the next few years.But were not going to win any games becase some old has been says so on a PC.We have to come out of the locker room ready to win and play with the attitude that were supposed to win.I say Carter goes 5-0 the rest of the way starting this Friday nite at Morristown East.Carter 26 Morristown East 21.GO HORNETS!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter's remaining games are away games at Morristown East and Powell,home games are West,Pigeon Forge,Halls.As for Morristown East I know very little about them except that Lenior City beat them and Fulton blew Lenior City away,and that don't mean a thing it should be a good ballgame on Friday nite.Red Dog Powell just needs to beat somebody, the size up front don't seem to be getting it done.Carter is both bigger and faster than Halls and if I read right Halls did beat Powell didn't they.GO HORNETS!

I do think that Carter has a good shot at this. But the only games they have to win are West, Halls and Powell. I think Carter is much improved from years past. Carter needs to get the swagger that Maryville and Central have when they go into a game and they are favored. They got demorlaized early against Central, and never really got any confidence back. Mo East seems to be better than last year. They were horrible last year. I think that the games with West and Halls will determine who is 3rd and 4th in the playoff seedings. West and Carter will be a matchup of very similar teams. Halls is getting on a roll, but they are also playing bad teams. They play another one Friday in Red Bank. Carter should have a lot more speed than Halls. They will have to be good on special teams in the Halls game, though.

In short, Carter should be favored in the rest of the games, but I think they will drop one and finish 6-4 and be in the playoffs.

I think that Carter has a shot at beating Morristown East. From what I have heard East has a team that is very good but sometimes beats themselves with turnovers and penalities. It is a big game for both teams as East is 3-1 for the first time in 6 years and Carter seems to be getting better each year. Carter has to hope they do not fall behind because I have heard that East has a defense that is just causing QB's to just run for their lives. I know some people from Morristown and their two defensive ends has a combined 12 sacks already this year with one of the players having nine of those sacks. Overall I feel it will be a very good game with East winning late in the 4th quarter.

Carter is a much improved team. They have done a good job in the games that they have played so far. The only problem I see comes in what a coach once told me about Carter. He said that you never want to play them early, because they still think that they are good. Later on in the season they tend to lay down. I hope that the team realizes how much talent they have and continue to play hard. I don't know about M East, but I think that Carter can definitely beat Powell and Halls. West is a toss up. I think it will come down to field position earned in the kicking game. Both teams have speed at the skill positions. But I do think that Carter makes the playoffs for the second straight season in either 3rd or 4th in a tough region 3-4A.

Let's have a look at the Numbers:

Carter's Record is 2-3.

M. East's Record is 3-1.

Carter's opponents record is a combined: 14-10

M. Easts's opponents record is a combined: 6-11

#42 Carter's Opponents:

#6 Fulton 4-1 (3A)

#2 Maryville 5-0 (4A)

#6 Central 4-1 (4A)

#58 Clinton 0-4 (4A)

#57 Cocke Co 1-4 (4A)

#30 M. East's Opponents:

#50 Campbell Co 2-2 (5A)

#40 Powell 0-4 (4A)

#30 Lenoir City 3-1 (3A)

#57 Cocke County 1-4 (4A)

Carter Avgs 15 points per game

East Avgs 28 points per game

Carter gives up 22 points per game

East gives up 13 points per game

Like Opponents:

Cocke County

East +28

Carter +26

Carter won't beat East.

kevb, why don't you go find a cave in RUTLEDGE to hide in. Just cause you got a "job" with the LAKEWAY'S newspaper doesn't mean you need to kiss their butt every other time you open your mouth.

You evidently have a problem with Carter whatever it is GET OVER IT.

Randy Sanders was 0-2 vs. the Hornets!