OR vs. Sevier Co.

boyfromsi

Willie let me give you something to think about, and all the other people that keep throwing up that State Championship thing. To start with no body in their right mind would trade the success DB has had for one State Championship. I mean what would you do, sit in the bleachers on Fri. night and watch your team get beat and talk about that State Championship you won back in what ever year it was. (Red Bank is a good example) I would not trade DB's coaching staff for any in the State. You can not judge a coach on wheather he has won a State Championship. As many good teams as DB has had over the years, the law of averages will finally come into play and they'll win one or two State Championships. Then all those people that dislike DB will have nothing, NOTHING to throw up in our faces!

Also, nobody disrespects Seiver Co. for any reason. The lopsided score predictions are because we think Oak Ridge is that good and Seiver Co. is down again this year.

WaCo's :blink: out

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High School football teams go in cycles and all of the above teams have had great years.. and will again. Great programs don't go away just because they might have a down year here and there.

I just wanted to tell the Oak Ridge radio listeners that the internet broacast will be up and running again this week. We have corrected the problem we have had the past two weeks and Prepradio.com will be on this week against Sevier County.

I don't think with the return of Booker that Sevier County will be able to hold OR offense to the minimal needed to win the game. In fact, I really think that with the amount of athletes that OR has, they probably could pull this one out without him. I know that the would rather not though. i see Booker having a big game as well as Black/Gillmier and OR should roll. So... OR-38 SCHS-19

ACCARP

Oak Ridge is almost ( I can't remeber when they weren't) in the Win Cycle. So is DB. Sevier Co on the other hand is more like, on a downhill slide. I remember back in the 70's, Sevier Co was very lucky, and it was news, when they won a game. They may be going back to that era, or cycle. They did have 3 or 4 really good teams in the mid-mid late 90's, credit given, and due.

Oak Ridge has blood in their eyes, I would not want to be on the rest of the Wildcats Regular Season Schedule.

And Scot, have you seen the new addition to the Guggenheim? It really didn't take very long either.

Giddy Up

RTR

Oak Ridge is real strong. I know, I watched them put up 21 pts on my DB Indians in the 1st qtr. That's all they got, but that is only because DB has the best Coaching staff in HS Football, period.

Sevier County (Purple Power) got shut out by Science Hill, also lost to Seymour....

You decide from just this bit of info.

c

This game will be interesting for less than a qtr. Oak Ridge will drill, with a capitol D, the Smokey Bears.

Vandalay Special, in a romp

55-6

Called this one, it was so easy. Did not miss it by much, closer than than Beano Cook gets anyway. Oak Ridge is going to stomp a everyone left on the schedule.... trying to get the rematch with the Kingsport D-B Indians.

I hope you make it and I hope the Tribe does as well. 2 weeks ago was the best $6 I have ever spent.

Giddy Up