Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

LCstatman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

Listen to all these Lincoln County fans trying to be modest saying that this game will be close! It's almost hilarious!

Look at Lincoln County's schedule!

Week 0. Falcons win at home against Franklin who just so happens to be 4-1 right now.

Week 1. The awesome power on defense becomes imminent when the Falcons post their first shut-out of the season with a 51-0 win over Murfreesboro-Blackman who sets at 1-4 on the season.

Week 2. Falcons give up 21 points to Mufreesboro-Riverdale, but come out with the 26-21 win. First loss for Riverdale ever at Tomahawk Stadium. Riverdale sets at 3-2 on the season. Both of their losses are to current undefeated teams.

Week 3. Second shutout of the season against the one team in their region that could cause them problems. Well, apparently not. 41-0 win over Franklin County who sits at 2-4 on the season.

Week 4. Who can score on the Falcons? Only someone who is ranked in the Top 10 in the state and Murfreesboro-Oakland wasn't. Third shut-out of the season in 51-0 victory over the 2-3 Patriots.

Week 5. @ Cookeville (3-2) with losses to 4-1 Coffee County and 3-2 Columbia Cental. Wins over White County (3-3), Lebanon (2-3), and Warren County (0-5).

Week 6. The Howard Tigers. LOL!!! Howard travels to "The Pit", plays in Region 3-3A and has a record of 0-5. Their closest came was a 20-6 loss to Brainerd (2-4).

Week 7. @ Coffee County (4-1) lost to Wilson Central who's football team received it's first win ever in school history. Coffee County has beaten four teams that are a combined 7-15.

Week 8. Warren County (0-5) This game is at "The Pit". Warren County has been outscored in five games 208-7! This game will be the blow-out to end all blow-outs!

Week 9. At home against Cumberland County (3-3). Jets have victories over McMinn County (4-1), White County (3-3), and Wilson Central (1-4). Losses to Coffee County (4-1), Franklin County (2-4), and LaVergne (3-2).

Week 10. IDLE

So, there you have it. A testament of the Falcons' awesome power! Who can compete with this. Who on their schedule can compete with them? No one.

I think Cookeville will score one touchdown only after the Falcons have pulled their entire team, the managers, the waterboys, the band, and then the cheerleaders!

B)

Edited by SemperFiBlue

B)

Listen to all these Lincoln County fans trying to be modest saying that this game will be close! It's almost hilarious!

Look at Lincoln County's schedule!

Week 0. Falcons win at home against Franklin who just so happens to be 4-1 right now.

Week 1. The awesome power on defense becomes imminent when the Falcons post their first shut-out of the season with a 51-0 win over Murfreesboro-Blackman who sets at 1-4 on the season.

Week 2. Falcons give up 21 points to Mufreesboro-Riverdale, but come out with the 26-21 win. First loss for Riverdale ever at Tomahawk Stadium. Riverdale sets at 3-2 on the season. Both of their losses are to current undefeated teams.

Week 3. Second shutout of the season against the one team in their region that could cause them problems. Well, apparently not. 41-0 win over Franklin County who sits at 2-4 on the season.

Week 4. Who can score on the Falcons? Only someone who is ranked in the Top 10 in the state and Murfreesboro-Oakland wasn't. Third shut-out of the season in 51-0 victory over the 2-3 Patriots.

Week 5. @ Cookeville (3-2) with losses to 4-1 Coffee County and 3-2 Columbia Cental. Wins over White County (3-3), Lebanon (2-3), and Warren County (0-5).

Week 6. The Howard Tigers. LOL!!! Howard travels to "The Pit", plays in Region 3-3A and has a record of 0-5. Their closest came was a 20-6 loss to Brainerd (2-4).

Week 7. @ Coffee County (4-1) lost to Wilson Central who's football team received it's first win ever in school history. Coffee County has beaten four teams that are a combined 7-15.

Week 8. Warren County (0-5) This game is at "The Pit". Warren County has been outscored in five games 208-7! This game will be the blow-out to end all blow-outs!

Week 9. At home against Cumberland County (3-3). Jets have victories over McMinn County (4-1), White County (3-3), and Wilson Central (1-4). Losses to Coffee County (4-1), Franklin County (2-4), and LaVergne (3-2).

Week 10. IDLE

So, there you have it. A testament of the Falcons' awesome power! Who can compete with this. Who on their schedule can compete with them? No one.

I think Cookeville will score one touchdown only after the Falcons have pulled their entire team, the managers, the waterboys, the band, and then the cheerleaders!

B)

Better to be modest than eat crow "Blue". I do agree that Lincoln County will win. On paper, it looks as if they will win big. I understand that Cookeville has a good running back that could cause us problems. I'm just hoping this is not the week of a let down for the Falcons with the long road trip and all. I also hope our kids will continue to be modest, don't get caught up the hype that they read (everyone saying they will win the state), don't start talking about the state which is a long ways off, and continue to concentrate on the team at hand.

GO FALCONS B)

Whoa now. Give CHS credit where credit is due. they have been playing good football also. Maybe not as good as last season, but considerably well under the circumstances. I don't think is will be a huge blowout or a shutout. Cookeville will score and might just surprise the Falcons. Don't look past the Cavs, we are good at surprising the other teams.

Fuggly, hang in there with the Cavs. I don't think a lot of these "blow out" posts are by Falcons or Falcon fans. I don't think Coach Thompson is predicting a blow out.

By the way, how far is it from Fayetteville to Cookeville. That long trip could have an adverse affect on the Falcons.

Lincoln Co's biggest let down could come at the end of the season. Right now they are on a roll and that should continue. Cookville is only 110 miles. 2 easy hours of driving. What I mean by end of season is after playing Howard and Warren Co., the starters will be off early in the show. This is not good when a team is trying to get ready for the playoffs.

Man this is great! Lincoln Cty is set for the super bowl! Pay no attention to the CAVS-yes you will run right over them!

In fact no one is in your league-go ahead and believe your press clippings and we will see you on the short end of one you were suppose to win-just ask Coffee Cty!

A lot of those "press clippings," particularly on here have not been by Falcon fans. Most of the serious Falcon fans and Falcon coaches are discouraging their players from even getting on here and reading all this hype. Coach Thompson knows quite well how easy it is to come up on the short end of one you were suppose to have won.

I doubt many Falcon fans have already bought playoff tickets. They understand football pretty well in Lincoln County. It goes one game at a time....and unfortunately for Cookeville, their number is up next.