Milan at Hunt.?

milandawg2004

Look this is a big game. Milan who schedule's hard teams throughout the year against huntingdon who plays the easiest schedule i've ever seen. Huntingdon is physical and has a great running game. In 2003 though you need to have both a running and passing game to win big games. Milan has had a trouble with the run so huntingdon should have some success. Milan's offense is unstopable though. This should be a scoring fest. Milan by 5 tds.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look this is a big game. Milan who schedule's hard teams throughout the year against huntingdon who plays the easiest schedule i've ever seen. Huntingdon is physical and has a great running game. In 2003 though you need to have both a running and passing game to win big games. Milan has had a trouble with the run so huntingdon should have some success. Milan's offense is unstopable though. This should be a scoring fest. Milan by 5 tds.

Just who exactly has Milan played thats good? JCM is way down this year. Was it Martin, Henry Co., who, I can't remember? This will be a good game on paper and I hope I can attend the second half.

did hunt. schedule j.c.m?.no they sheduled bruceton.. did they schedule covington..no they scheduled martin instead...give me a break..yall are scared of what could happen to yall.i know for a fact that j.c.m would dismantle huntingdon

Milan scheduled jcm and covington because they knew those teams were down this year.

Well, lets see, until last week, Milan had not played a team that has a win. Who has the easy schedule? Other than the teams that are in our region, Huntingdon schedules: Milan, Westview, Union City, Bruceton, and Lexington. I guess you are putting Milan in the group of weak teams we play. Yes 3 of those teams are down this year, but you are saying that you don't think they are usually good opponents? If I am right, I think 4 of those teams have played for a state championship. Sounds like a real push over schedule to me.

Would you be willing to take a bet on that 5 TD spread?

Edited by stangfan

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but when was the schedules made out? If I remember correctly, they are made out every four years now. So the current schedule that Huntingdon and Milan play was made prior to the 2001 season. If this is correct, look at the records of Huntingdon's non-region in the first season:

Westview was 9-1 and went to the then Clinic Bowl

Union City was 7-3 and lost in the Quarter-Finals (this was one year after playing in the Clinic Bowl)

Bruceton, I don't know their exact record, but I do know they lost in the Quarter Finals.

Lexington was 3-7

So as far as a weak schedule, when they were scheduled, 3 of the 4 teams went deep into the playoffs the following year.

Now for Milan:

Crocket Co. (no longer a game played, but a VERY quality team)

Henry County was 2-8 in 2001

Manasses was 1-9

South Side was 4-6

and Huntingdon was 6-4 and beat Milan

So, take the facts and judge for yourself. What might be a bad game this year, might have been a gem when scheduled.

Contracts are every 2 years and this years schedule was put together in January of this year! Now for the scheduling contreversy(sp?). I am a fan of neither school but did some research. Based on W/L records Huntingdon has a tougher schedule. But Milan has played a JCM team compared to the toughest team Huntingdon has played, Chester County. I would play Chester Co. anyday before playing JCM, But that is not the point. Look at information Below:

Milan Schedule:

Henry Co. 1-4

Westview 0-5

Manassas 1-4

Union City 0-6

JCM 3-3

Total Opp. Record 5-22

Huntingdon Schedule:

Bruceton 0-5

Adamsville 1-4

Lexington 2-3

Chester Co. 4-1

Westview 0-5

Total Opp. Record 7-18

Niether team has a blazing schedlue. Just showing the facts!