Milan at Hunt.?

milandawg2004

:D Dont reply to anything turbo said. Hes a mustang fan and trying to bash Milan and opposing teams that beat them last year. be careful what you say to him, he will start whining here in a little while...esp. oct 10 at about 10:00! :D

Gosh, you don't have to be ugly. I'll be a bulldog fan if you'll be my friend. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clear up the weak schedule argument:

When Huntingdon signed the contracts for its schedule the non-region foes were as follows: first was Bruceton, who recorded an 11-2 record the year the contract was signed, I think. I couldn't find out what their record was for sure. Next, the Stangs renewed an old rivalry with Lexington (3-7 the year of signing), and Westview (9-4 the year the contract was signed). The final two teams were Union City (14-1, State Runners-up the year of signing) and Milan (10-2 the year the contract was signed, their last year in 3A I believe). Plus the McKenzie is a regional opponent played every year.

As you can clearly see, Huntingdon's non-region schedule was made before the 2001 season with the intent of playing a tough opponent every week, because they believe that if you have to go to war nearly every week in the regular season, you'll, most assuredly, be ready for a deep run into the playoffs (which hasn't worked out the last couple of years, as jacketpride24 is so fond of pointing out). With that said, let me reiterate that most of those aforementioned teams are down this year. Hence, what the originator of this thread calls, "the weakest schedule I've ever seen."

And we all know that Milan makes its non-region schedule with the same intentions. So the bottom line is, the weak schedule argument is ungrounded and was made with absolutely no forethought.

ok, for all those who dont know, the schedules high school team are playing were made in January 2003. So let's see Huntingdon schedules Bruceton- who lost patrick willis and many other talented seniors, then westview- who lost 2A Mr. Football Rapheal Hill, Union City- Lost a bunch of seniors, and finally Lexington has never been a powerhouse in football. So seems to me the coaches saw an opportunity to play some typically good teams in there rebuilding years. Not counting Milan, the mustangs non-region team's record is 2-19, sounds tough to me, lol. Now since turbo, well bring up my jackets, i will say there non-region teams record is 9-9, they have played 2 4A schools, a 3A, and a 2A. Now let's see Huntingdon plays 1 1A and 4 2A. so i wonder who has the tougher schedule? I know my football yo can question that all you want. I played in 2001 and 2002. and yes we were put out by mckenzie two years in a row and they will win the region crown this year also. i use to not like mckenzie, at least they have class. so i will be rooting for them. by the way GO BULLDOGS!

I'm not from Huntingdon, but I can realize that they don't schedule weak non-region opponents on purpose. This year, yes, their non-region is weaker than usual - but that's only because Bruceton, Westview, and Union City are all uncharacteristically down.

You also implied that a weak schedule was the reason for their early round playoff exits in the last two years. I think that has been proven wrong. So make up your mind, are you talking about this year or last?

Hey Cothran....I'll start out by saying you were a great player and played with the heart of a lion. You also deserved to win that game last year. But as far as what Huntingdon schedules are you don't need to even get involved because you don't have a clue. As all you guys stated last year, that was the best game you played all year. I'm here to tell you it was Huntingdons worse. You also were very complimentary of the Mustangs last year, what has happened to change your mind??? What do you know about Milan anyway? You didn't play them last year, and I'd be willing to bet you haven't seen them this year. What gives???

sorry dude this isnt cothran, i was number 24 last year. i was just voicing my opinion on here. i dont think you have to be a fan or player of a school to voice your opinion on a subject. you guys are the ones getting offensive anytime someone has something to say about huntingdon that you disagree with. thats cool you disagree but dont come on here and bash the people. i will keep posting on subject that i am interested in. i am in college at lambuth so milan and huntingdon are down the road and i will probably be attending the bulldogs vs the mustangs game, so i say i have some interest in it. oh by the way, i attended last weeks game against jcm, so yes i have seen milan play and they are better than huntingdon. they have a better passing game and i believe they can exploit the huntingdon db's.

Edited by jacketpride24

jacketpride24,

Assuming you are Cothran, you were a very good player for the 'Jackets and thanks for your complements on McKenzie. We here at McKenzie have an equal respect for teams and players that come here and give it their all. On the subject of Huntingdon vs. Milan, that could be pretty much unlike any years in the past. Two weeks ago I said that I thought Huntingdon would win this game even though it could be one of the closest and best games of the season in the state! Strength of schedule shouldn't be an arguement at this point. The teams that both Milan and Huntingdon have scheduled outside their region are USUALLY strong programs.

The one factor that makes me possibly rethink my prediction for the game is that Terrance Bell was injured last week and is questionable for the game with Milan. He will at least not be 100%. His backup is Chris Donald, a freshman, who will be an outstanding running back for the Mustangs but, probably isn't completely up to the stress of this big of a game yet. Anyway, we will all know the answer to this one on 10/10 at about 10:00 P. M.

Maybe we'll see ya'll again in a few weeks!

Jacketpride24, they do get a little hasty sometimes. And obviously being from Milan I am going to pick Milan to win. It just seems like if Milan can do what they did to a very physical j.c.m. team, i just dont see the mustangs hanging around with the bulldogs.Milan will concentrate on the run and trust me ol jeff morris will have it all snuffed out for that monday practice, guaranteed. i hope daylan walker doesnt break the line of scrimmage because if he does, its paydirt.