BEST STADIUMS

eastTNftball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you guys have never been to the creekbank down in Trousdale Co. Great football enviroment and hard as heck to win at. Also Pat Parker Field in Macon County is one of the roughest places to play, just ask Smith Co. about that.

Pleeeeeeeeease. Don't even try to compare the creekbank environment to Macon Co. You have one okay season and you think you can compare yourselves with the heritage of the MIGHTY YELLOW JACKETS!! I have been pretty quiet so far but now my wings are a little ruffled.

Let's see -

How many state championships do you have?

How many undefeated seasons have you had?

How many region 1st place finishes have you had?

I could go on and on.

You may win it all this year - but that still would not put you in the same category with the Yellow Jackets.

Even though I can stand Clinton, they do have about the best High School atmosphere, Also Kingston and Oak Ridge have great atmospheres. Remember bigger isn't better in HIgh School, It is about having fans involved in the game, and that is what these three do.

The worst field would have to Carter..........

The PIT is a great place, BUT what about the hole at Warren County. I know they haven`t won there but the way the field is built in the horse shoe with the word PIONEERS planted with shrubs looks great. In the past (20 years past) this wasa a great and very difficult place to play. Theres nothing like playing in the hole.

My vote goes to "The Pit" in Lincoln County. Heads above all other stadiums! The atmosphere is awesome. If you have never been to "The Pit", I would advise you to take in a game there. The smoke from the grills hovering above the playing field gives it a mystique that I have never seen anywhere else!!! It is simply awesome!!!

Best stadium is MOORE COUNTY. They have a good football team and as a bonus from anywhere in the stadium, you can smell JACK DANIELS.

Try living here... you can smell Jack Daniels 24/7... not to mention you live with the Greatest football team around

but as for best stadium I have to admit... as mad as they mad us... Gordonsville has a pretty nice one... I've been to better... but can't think where really! B) but our Home stadium is great... our visitor stands stink... but the rest is great!

as far as chattanooga goes, red bank, hixson, mccallie and baylor all have nice stadiums. finley stadium is excellent also. too bad it's empty every saturday when UTC plays. i'd like to see more high school games there. i saw Boyd play Cloudland and Baylor there over the last two years. very nice place. i really enjoyed it both times.

Rural stadiums that I've been to: All three shcools in marion county have nice facilities. marion, south pittsburg and whitwell are very nice. i've heard good things about the stadium in dunlap but i haven't made it to a game up there yet.

I've heard good things about the stadium in Dunlap but I haven't made it to a game up there yet.

Thanks Guitarman, I think a lot of folks don't believe that the stadium in Sequatchie County is that good until they see it for them in person. I would put the Indians stadium up against anyone in 2A or 1A as well in the state! You need to get to a game sometime.

I don't think the game atmosphere is as good as it was at the old field maybe because they haven't won games like they did then but I think things are starting to come around!

My vote goes to "The Pit" in Lincoln County. Heads above all other stadiums! The atmosphere is awesome. If you have never been to "The Pit", I would advise you to take in a game there. The smoke from the grills hovering above the playing field gives it a mystique that I have never seen anywhere else!!! It is simply awesome!!!

When I think of the Pit at Lincoln County, I remember the heavenly smell of burgers cooking on the grills at each end of the stadium. It makes it easier to make that long walk from the parking lot to the press box. It's a great place to watch a football game. Warren County has made some much-needed improvements to Nunley Stadium. The home seating has been re-done with new concrete and new aluminum bleachers throughout. Hopefully, if our local politicians don't screw it up, we will have a brand new pressbox and new concession stand and restroom facilities on the visitors side next year.

• 1 month later...
Actually if you want to ask SC, the creekbank has been a difficult place to win...but Pat Parker field really hasn't been too tough for us in the past. You people finally beat us once...and you think you have won the Super Bowl. Enjoy it while you can...because it probably will be short-lived.

Actually we beat you twice, in one year. Just admit that you can't hang with us.