Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Riverdale and Oakland both played their home games at MTSU on the turf for many years.( since around '73) They finally appropriated money for stadiums at each school about 2 years ago.

I guess you didn't see the 2 games last year against Riverdale. Oakland hung in there for both. Britton had not thrown an INT in 14 games til they played us. He threw 2 and one was returned for a TD. Now I realize that the bottom line is the final score and we came up short. But we gave them all they wanted and actually led scorewise at one point, which no one had been able to do.

Oakland might have kept it close last year but it was only because riverdale's offense was terrible. We had several penalties and couldn't block a soul. However Oakland's offense never scored on rhs in a total of 8 quarters. The only ohs score came on a int return. I not sure on this, but i think Ebal has never finished a "battle of the boro" and i even heared he was taken to the hospital after one game. When he walks in to Tomahawk he start to remember all the previous losses and be rattled by warm-ups.

I know this is a new year and two different teams than last year , but i think rhs has a slight mental advantage.

Guest region4fan

Ebal was in the Battle of the Boro last year...both the regular season and the play-offs ...from start to finish . he never left the field hurt. Our Offense didn't play too well last year, but our defense did. There were definitely some licks laid last year from both sides. I know that both Crawford and Frame knocked the slobber out of several Warriors. Rankin said on the radio show that Oakland had played yall tougher than anyone .Of course all that is in the past. So throw the records out. I can be sure that both teams have the utmost respect for each other. Hopefully good sportsmanship will prevail again. Best of luck to both teams.

Guest Oakland

by puttin a search i am assuming you a player for riverdale, one that contributes as well. you should know better than discount a big rival school such as oakland, especially with a rivalry of this magnitude. ebal is a senior, this is last chance to prove to the oakland community that he can deliver on what he started his freshmen, by beating riverdale. you are foolish to think that ebal will be intimidated, i can guarantee you he wont even flinch! this is why rankin hates to play blackman and oakland, cuz they are 2 of the few teams that are not scared/intimidated of riverdale, and i expect a war on friday, regardless how stacked the odds are in riverdale's favor. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT RIVERDALE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakland has all the seniors and was picked by most to win the region. Regardless of how the year has played out they will be a good football team on Friday night.

I expect a typical Battle of the Boro. I don't like putting all our skinny little underclassmen up against the OHS senior class but we don't have any other choice. Hopefully, our little guys will do OK.

Better get us this year because they just about all come back next year.

I have thought about it a lot, and I think I will root for Riverdale in this one.

Fan, if we meet up I'll treat you to a hot dog, but we better hit the concession stand early. The biggest shortcoming at Tomahawk is the lack of sufficient concession stands.

I think Riverdale 24-14, worse if Oakland has the turnovers that have plagued the Patriots in the previous few Battles of the 'Boro. And, BTW, fan, Oakland beat Riverdale in 2000 if I remember correctly. That was our only loss until RedBank spanked us in the Blue Cross Bowl.

Go Warriors

Guest region4fan

Riverdale, are your hot dogs as good as Oakland's? I hate to brag, but I haven't tasted one as good as Oakland's .

I do think this game will be much closer than anyone thinks.

Oakland remember:

We confide in our strength without boasting of it; we respect that of others without fearing it.

Thomas Jefferson

Patriots....live by this quote!

... scored on an int

Wasn't that kids name Greg Peck? Where is he know, I haven't seen him playing cornerback for Oakland. (but I haven't thought about him until now)

I know the secondary for Oakland is Crawford, Ebal, and Frame. Is Peck still there, and just got beat out of a spot?