2004 Division 1 College Prospects

JimmyCash

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mnewballer, correction: you said moore was the "best d-1 qb in chattanooga for the class of 2004". that is the comment i was referring to. that is the only i disagree with

i'm sorry i obviously didn't clarify that, i wasn't saying it as in he was the best qb in the area, i was just saying that he is a qb, but he is the best d-1 qb prospect in the area, yet he wont go to college for qb it will be at punting, thats what i meant to say, sorry for the confusion there.......but still, keelyn craddock will be come a household name in a few years, you heard it here first

Franklin's Matt Solima 6'4" 190, 3rd in Mid State in Passing, can throw the long ball and his accuracy on the slant is incredible. No rushing yardage to speak of because Oline gives him all kinds of time to throw and he doesn't need to run with receivers he has, but punishing when he does. Speed is in the 4.6 range.

Edminston is the real deal. Wolke played the summer camp system well and got several offers as I understand it. I've seen him in two scrimmages and the Brentwood game and quite frankly think he is overrated, but I say good for him!!! Every HS football player who wants to play at the next level should take a lesson from how he has played "the system" and gotten himself noticed.

You don't have to be the best talent to play at the next level, plenty of "more talented" players never get offered scholarships, its the ones who get noticed that get scholarships. Your talent and your coach alone, don't get you noticed!!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Corey Russell from Cumberland Gap H.S. has to be mentioned in this group. He is tall, athletic, and has a very good arm. He is D-1 material and whoever signs him will have a good one at the QB spot for the next few years. (I am not even a fan of his high school, but he is special)

I don't think it is a great year for QB's in upper East Tn.

Thompson, has the tools but wonder how well he would do on a team with lesser talent.

Byrd, is a great athlete, but may end up at a different position in college.

Dickey is skinny but that is fixable, arm stength is to but to a lesser extent.

Helton is not a senior I know but will have to get taller.

Russell at C.G has size, but has played against suspect competition.

Ferguson at DB has size, but is rough around the edges.

Here are two that might surprise. Chucky Lindholm at Volunteer is 6'6" and a junior must improve arm strength, and Jared Palazzola at M-East needs about 20 pounds but is very fast, and can make all the throws long or short.

All in all however a down year in my opinion.

Edited by Ftballfanatic

Corey Russell from Cumberland Gap H.S. has to be mentioned in this group. He is tall, athletic, and has a very good arm. He is D-1 material and whoever signs him will have a good one at the QB spot for the next few years. (I am not even a fan of his high school, but he is special)

That is why while this if fun from a fans perspective, the college recruiters are very good, but sometimes miss on one like Chad Pennington.

I've only seen Russell one time and he looked good, but not spectacular like a D1 prospect. But while his competition is not the best I wonder what he would do at Maryville' and what Thompson would do at CG.

Unless these guys have been offered they are not major prospects. The really good players have already been offered and are trying to make a decision on where they are going. After the top tier guys make their decision then the next wave of players will be offered.

I know Byrd has been offered, don't know about the others, but most D-1AA schools are just now evaluating film and making decisions. Also some of these QB's may have just begun to mature and haved drastically changed physically since last year, because some kids just mature later than others, and we still got some football to be played.