Who is the next Marion Co. coach

warriorpride

Bigmoney128,

The first time they went after Colquette, the year he left Jasper, Chris Pickett had to find out in the Chattanooga paper that Colquette was coming......which he didn't of course because Vidalia had more money to offer.

Chris was from here, played here and had coached here for 11 years. He deserved better than finding out in the paper. I did warn him however. But it's not the same as hearing from your chain of command "Thank you for all you've done but we're going another way."

I still can't get the taste of that one out of my mouth.

Del.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will look back to my post in August of this year, I told everyone ( none of whom believed me ) that Colquette was going to retire after this year.

The School Board did NOT bring KC in to be prinicpal and oh by the way be the football coach. He was given the principal job to get the money right for hiring him as the football coach. Throw in the AD job and his wife the Vocational Director and Vice Principal job and you have two people making $ 110,000 a year.

Greg Brewer was NEVER told that they were interviewing the Colquettes for the football job and had to be informed by his friends that found out about it.

And where has it gotten them?

1) Mass Exodus of most of the best teachers they had.

2) One second round playoff position which oh by the way was as far as Brewer took them.

3) a Disenfranchised Student Body

The kids in this program are good boys and they have some excellent assistant coaches ( who deserved to be treated with respect).

BUT bottom line the talent pool is gone after this year so KC is going to bail out.

I hope that a fine man as Coach Taylor gets to stay at Jasper and he will get that program turned around. I would hate to see him get caught up in the fallout of this years mess.

The people of Grundy County were told they were getting a hard nosed disciplinarian that would not let kids come out after the spring game or after summer workouts. They were promised a state champion contender. They were sold a lemon and nobody wants their lemonade.

To the fine faculty, students and fans and athletes of Grundy County; best of luck in everything. But always be cautious in a deal that seems to good to be true; it usually is.

You can put perfume on poop; but it is still poop.

Greg Brewer was done very bad at Grundy County. He was and still is a hard worker and everything he did was first class. He always looks after the kids first. He treats his people that work with him with the utmost respect and never degrades them in front of others. Greg may never win the state championship or make a $110,000.00 from coaching but people admire him for the way he acts and treats others. Grundy got caught up in the greed and forgot to take care of a very special person. Now they are dealing with the consequences of their actions.

Good luck Brew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like in Grundy County,so i know how things go around here. There is 1 man up here who thinks he owns the place and no its not Colquette, i'm not going to say who if you know anything bout the school board and all that crap you know who im talkin about. Colquette has made that person mad before over the painting of the goalpost. If anyone besides the coach/principal wants to argue over that they are dumb but back to my point  Colquette like to do things his way and doesnt care what people think. look at the end of the walker valley game, he had the chance to tie and but went for the win and lost and people in grundy got very agree about that. He knows what he is doing and wont let anyone push him around.

Ok, I know I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I have to ask about the goal post painting incident. What was that all about?

Ok, I know I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I have to ask about the goal post painting incident. What was that all about?

There has been so much made out of nothing with that one. Somebody painted the goal posts silver because they said it was that way in the TSSAA rules. Somebody else had them painted back to Purple and Gold.

If anybody thinks that the goal post painting has anything to do with any major issues they have no clue.

Was there a disagreement about them? Yes. Was it big on the scale of other things going on? Not hardly.

Del (who likes the goal posts Purple and Gold as well.)

I've been reading over the posts made and I feel since we are on the board i must chime in. First, for all the Grundy fans, Did you honestly think that bringing in Coach Colquette was going to win you a state title. To win a title it takes good coaching some great athletes and a little luck. The talent pool in Grundy Co. is not so overwhelming that they are going to be state title contenders. No Eric Westmorelands or Anthony Martins or the Muir type kids. Ken is a great coach period. The truth is though he had some great football players play for him and a very supportive community. He is not a miracle worker. On to Tim, I am proud to call him a friend of mine and he is an excellent football coach. Tim knows the game and I have not met another coach in TN who puts more heart and soul into it or workers harder to be successful than he does. I have always thought it was a travesty the way he and the program has been treated in Jasper. Tim you deserve better. Finally onto Greg. Anyone ever associated with greg Brewer knows you will never find a better person. He is first class all the way and the time we spent together I learned more about Defense and dealing with young men than I ever taught him. If I had a son i would want him to play for greg and I would hope he would grow up to be a fine person just like Greg. The way he was done at Grundy was wrong no two ways about it so to me what ever happens there in a way the community deserves it. The problem I have is that the young men who play their hearts out for the yellowjackets are the ones that suffer the most because of the mess. To me that is the biggest travesty of all! My two cents worth , take for what it is worth and believe me it is not much!

I hear a lot about Marion's talent...Marion is a talented team, it's the coaching that bites them in the butt. I don't care what anyone says, if a coach calls a spike on 4th down with a chance to win, then that's his fault, that has nothing to do with talent. As far as that goes, look at Fat Phil with UT..He's the worst coach I've ever seen. It'll take a tremendous amount of talent (like the '98 team) to ever win a national championship again. If I had a say so, Ted Ladd would be our head coach, not Tim Taylor.

AC B)

I think that the reason they hired Colquette in the first place is to get that state title. Everyone around this area knows that if there is a coach who can do it, it is him. From what I have heard, things aren't going his way up in Grundy. When he was at Marion County he was supported by everyone. I think he knows that this year will be his last shot for a winner and that dream is slipping away. Grundy is going to be losing a lot of their players, in fact the only main ones I know of that will be there next year is Dustin Fults, Nick Jensen, and Michael Sanders. They are losing their talent and Colquette can't do anything unless he has the players to do it. I heard that he still has 2 years on his contract but I'm not exactly sure about that. Del if you know about his contract respond to this.

I hear a lot about Marion's talent...Marion is a talented team, it's the coaching that bites them in the butt. I don't care what anyone says, if a coach calls a spike on 4th down with a chance to win, then that's his fault, that has nothing to do with talent. As far as that goes, look at Fat Phil with UT..He's the worst coach I've ever seen. It'll take a tremendous amount of talent (like the '98 team) to ever win a national championship again. If I had a say so, Ted Ladd would be our head coach, not Tim Taylor.

AC B)

Uhh, yeah. I'm not going to say that Marion has NO talent, there are some players out there with some skills but it is nothing like it was in the 90's. There is not enough talent to produce a huge number of quality wins no matter who the coach is. From what I hear about Tim is that there is no one that loves the program more than he and no one works as hard as he does. I don't know coach Taylor personally, that is just hearsay. But the talent level has dropped. There will be a resurgence in a fw years, there always is. But saying that it is all due to bad coaching is completely off the mark. I am not saying he is the best coach in the world but I think he is far from being as bad as he is made out to be. But it doesn't matter because he will never get the full support of everyone in Jasper. He hasn't had it since he has been there.

As for your assesment of spiking the ball on 4th down, Ken Stabler did the same thing when he was QB at Alabama. On 4th down on the possible game winning drive they spiked the ball to stop the clock. The coach at the time? Bear Bryant? Are you saying that because they spiked the ball on 4th down that Bear Bryant was the worst coach ever too?

good point Beene! You have to understand that Fender is like the rest in Marion Co. Living in the past. THe can not own up to the fact that there is not alot of talent on this years team. There are some quality players and great kids I know. No super stars or game breakers. No Eric Westmorelands or even a Derrick Springs. Everyone knows that The community has not supported Coach Pickett or Coach Taylor. The support Left When Colquette left. I hope Tim does choose to move on because he deserves better.

Alright, here we go one by one..War dawg, learn to spell before submitting a post. I'll leave you with that. Beene, the Bear Bryant comment was just retarded. Bear Bryant holds the record for the most wins of any coach. When any highschool coach can match or beat that, then we'll have a discussion. But hey, I give you credit, because it could be worse. And now for you, onemoretime. No talent on the field? So how would you explain Tyler Moore sprinting an extra 10 yards and laying out for a pass and still coming up with the catch? He (not THe, I got it) has shown amazing ability this season..So has Sean Coffelt, John Patrick, Jody Jones, and Dustin (Cecil) Paris. These are the big playmakers, and they work really well together..So, as for the talent on the field, next time you're around, check out one of those five, you'll be surprised. And you say you needed a good laugh this morning..How about Ted wouldn't rule the field like a drill instructor. Ted wouldn't dog a player for doing bad, and dog him worse for doing well, it's just as simple as that..So here's a good laugh: do everyone a favor, unplug your computer, and enjoy a big bowl of brown. (Don't forget the shampoo!).

Edited by FenderSRVHendrix