WHY DID LEWIS CO. DROP THE PC VIKINGS

TRICK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have inside info that Lewis Co did indeed drop PC. And I am in fact glad because I got so tired of seeing those big ol strong Vikings whip up on the helpless panthers. There was this one game where it was a real close game (sometime early in the 1st QT) and those Vikings were hitting on the little LC boys and I personally saw a tear come out of Coach Sharps' eyes because of fear. And then it happened........ I can't go on it's too disturbing. I for one am glad the suffering is over. Now I can't understand why LC picked back up those bullies from Hickman Co. Come on coach sharp spare our kids the pain!

If I recall over the years L.C. has played pc like a practice for a "big game" somthing pc will never understand!!! I give it to ya'll, ya'll might have cought them a sleep and scored once! But whipping up on them no way that will ever happen!

P.S.

pc dropped L.C.!!!! :rolleyes:;):P

If you would look at MPs sch. you would see that Eagleville was added to the region giving them (6a) 10 teams MP had to play Eagleville and that left no room on the sch. for H'wald. You can say what you want,but that is what happened .

Also the sch. is a draw every two years to remix the teams, a team only schs. their nonregion opps.

As for H'wald being scared,I doubt they fear anyone.

I was just kidding man. I do miss the rivalry and once upon a time the Mt. Pleasant /Lewis County rivalry was really a rivalry with both teams matching up really good. Give Walt Smith a few years and we might give the Panthers a call.

Yeah, When I was in school at Hohenwald, that game was THE GAME. Seemed like the winner of that one was almost always the District champ that year.

Perry County, Mt. Pleasant, Lawrence County, Riverside and Moore County all dropped Lewis County.

I can assure you that we would have loved to continued playing Mt Pleasant. This is the first year that we have not played them in 59 years! That was quite the rivalry. Also, I suspect that we will have the game renewed in 2005. Coach Dugger dropped us, I think Coach Smith will enjoy what was once one of the best rivalries in the area. The series was far from one sided. Lewis County and Mt Pleasant battled fiercely for the district titles for many years, especially in the 1970s.

This is another example of what I have been talking about. I think football fans in Perry County live in their own little world. If Lewis Co. did drop Perry Co. it was because the Vikings were hurting their strength of schedule. HighSchoolStats, there were 6 teams this year that couldn't beat Wayne County, and how can you call Perry County a stronger team. They won't even make playoffs in 1A this year. Even though they do have a winning record (4-3), the teams they beat are a combined 4-26. Two of those teams haven't won a game and Cornersville has only scored in two games, one of them being against Perry County. I don't see how someone can say that they are sure Perry County would beat Lewis Co. on either field. Once again, I don't see where Perry County can be considered an up and coming team. They finished fourth last year and will finish fifth this year. Last time I checked that was not considered improvement. They have a decent record right now because they played three teams that are horrible out of conference (Greenfield, Cornersville, Gleason). West Carroll and Adamsville are the only decent teams PC plays out of conference. Either way, Perry County is going to lose their last three games of the season and finish 4-6. The sad thing is, Perry County fans will probably still be talking about how good they are.