CCS & HIXSON

spoiler

Went to the CCS and Hixson match last night. I have never been so disappointed in a coach as I am with Coach Sneller with CCS. Talked with several parents in the stands who advised that Hixson was missing six of their starters due to fall break. I realize that would have not made much of a difference in the outcome of the match. The parents, both Hixson and CCS, told me that the match during the season was 5-0 CCS, and that Hixson held them to 2 goals the first half. It's very sad that Coach Sneller not only kept most of his starters in, however kept his leading scorers up front. I'm sorry I just feel that there is no excuse to run a score up on anyone 12-0, and it was very obvious that was what was going on. CCS is in the easiest district in the state, I would like to see what would happen if they were placed in another district. Coach Sneller, wake up and show a little class, I'm sorry you got beat by N.D. and Red Bank at the end of the season, however to take it out on a team that doesn't even have all their players and to keep your big guns in the match to run the score up, NO CLASS, NO CLASS AT ALL. I can not think of another coach in this area who would do that. Several parents in the stands from both schools were very upset and advised that this was not the first time CCS has run the score up on someone.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would six starters go out of town during the district tournament? One of those was their keeper? I believe Hixson played two very inexperienced keepers.

I heard Hixson was aweful without those players. Do you tell your young players not to score? That is the object of the game.

I saw that 10 lady chargers scored. Only two had two goals and one was a sophomore that I had never seen play before. If trimiew and blair were up front for most of the game, they would have had more goals. Blair had two and Trimiew had one I assume. Brittany Lee would have also had more goals.

I would have to say Hixson has a lack of committment to their program. I am not defending CCS just trying to tell the whole story. It is sad for those Hixson players that had to go out and face a great team while their fellow players are on vacation. Doesn't seem to be fair to those younger players.

CCS has not always dominated. Hixson had a very good team a few years back and so did CSAS. I hear CSAS has some very good young players. They will have their turn.

Edited by mtnman

Scores this season:

Ooltewah 8 Hixson 0

Oolewah 9 Central 0

Ooltewah 8 Central 0

How many goals did Watson and Creech score in these games.

I am not being critical, I am just making the point that it is hard not to score on these weak teams.

Imagine playing the Hixson team Ooltewah beat 8-0 without Klem and five other starters.

Why would six starters go out of town during the district tournament? One of those was their keeper? I believe Hixson played two very inexperienced keepers.

I heard Hixson was aweful without those players. Do you tell your young players not to score? That is the object of the game.

I saw that 10 lady chargers scored. Only two had two goals and one was a sophomore that I had never seen play before. If trimiew and blair were up front for most of the game, they would have had more goals. Blair had two and Trimiew had one I assume. Brittany Lee would have also had more goals.

I would have to say Hixson has a lack of committment to their program. I am not defending CCS just trying to tell the whole story. It is sad for those Hixson players that had to go out and face a great team while their fellow players are on vacation. Doesn't seem to be fair to those younger players.

CCS had not always dominated. Hixson had a very good team a few years back and so did CSAS. I hear CSAS has some very good young players. They will have their turn.

Mtnman thanks for telling the rest of the story. If Hixson was as commited as CCS obviously is then it would have been a closer game. It is disingenious for a coach to not have his players play their best and from the scoring distribution, it appears they did not run the score up. Soccer's not like football where you can run it up the middle play after play.

against hixson creech watson and hullender did not combine for all that many goals... at least the final 4 were scored by JV players ... and no coach is going to have the heart to tell girls that may never have another chance to score,"do not shoot"... its a sad fact but hixson really is just that bad... outside of their keeper they are awful... if that goalkeeper wants a chance to win on the high school level then she needs to transfer because she is a real god player

Actually, coaches DO tell their players not to shoot in instances such as that. You play possession and wait for the final whistle. This is just sad....However, I do not fault CCS. An 8th grader played for them and scored...I want to cry for Hixson.

OldSkoolBalla coaches that play keep a way to not run up the score aren't being real and in fact, are rubbing it in. The other team knows what's going on and having been on that side of the coin I can tell you it's worse when someone doesn't try to play the game (score goals) than when they play keep a way.

From mtnman's account, CCS did the right thing by putting in other players and playing players in different positions. This keep the integrity of the game intact and doesn't humiliate the other team. Of course, 12-0 is not pretty any way you slice it.

This puts CCS at a disadvantage because they have not been challenged since Red Bank. Many of their starters did not play a full game. They will be rested but may not be ready when the challenge comes.

I don't think it will really hurt them but think about the momentum that Red Bank is taking into the post season with a close loss to Ooltewah in the final and a strong win against Soddy-Daisy in the semifinals.

I believe in time, Hixson and CSAS will be back but unfortunately, CCS loses only two seniors (one being their keeper) but will bring back all their offensive power.

I don't think a coach should ever tell their players not to score. I think that all teams should go at 100% and let the coaches do the subbing. You can't get better not playing your hardest. There are always going to be the games where the score is high, but that's just the way it is. These kinds of games give a chance to the girls who don't usually get to play that much. They shouldn't be told to put less effort in. Let them play as hard as they want.