cloudland and unaka update

dewswar

i noticed that wes didn't want to touch on this subject in the star. i am just waiting for my copy of doubleplay this week. hey krick who will come out swinging you or tim. i am amazed at what you two can do with a pen.

if i ever get charged with assault and battery, i want these highlander fans to defend me. if they can justify the beating that took place friday night and say its ok then heck i am sure to go free.

:D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know whats funny is the remark by Byrd "I think we can play a little bit better." If they'd have played any better the score would have been 150 to 13. And the statement by Lunsford, " They were driving the ball on us and we put the second unit in and they scored. We put the starters back in to move the ball out a little, and so happens Dakota broke one." This was when the score was 60-13, please. As stated earlier, what goes around comes around. The Lady Rangers have never forgotten the way Lunsford ran the score up in a girls game. As someone said earlier, we will see what whinners come alive during basketball, baseball and softball season. :D And as for the jealousy statement made by someone, sure everyone would like to have Cloudland's ability/talent this year, we'd be silly not to admit that.

I will make a 1 time post on this subject and will get on to preparing for our next game . I want to clear a few things up that were mentioned early on in the thread. I did not curse Mike after the game , my uncle who happens to help us as a volunteer asistant did call him a chickens--t for the way he treats kids on other teams because he gets mad at officials (yes I said officials, at half time of our game Friday night Mike lunceford had a confrontation with the referee and accused him of cheating their kids this was relayed to me by the head of the officials association at a meeting this morning) This is not the first tine this has happened (north Greene a few years ago )I am not saying that this is why the game got as far out of hand as it did I am just saying that when mike thinks something is being unjustly done to his kids he gets angry . After I shook hand with the Cloudland players I did express my disappointment with mike about the duration that his varsity boys played, I said nothing I couldn't back up with facts like That the front line for cloudland played almost the whole third period #66 a fifthh year senior because of a hardship that was granted due to a car accidint was in the game with 33.3 seconds to go in the third quarter along with others 70,78,73 etc. I know this because The Freshman he was going up against ,since pasqueles injury early in the second quarter, had to be taken out I told mike that I didn't agree that his entire varsity shouldn't have remained in with the score 60 to 13 and that was all I said to mike. He in turn told me that he had to get his lineman in shape for the playoffs and also bucause he had some backups hurt . It is fine for people to get on here and say wait till baseball and basketball but even if we could we wouldn't do that to them or to any one else . as for the remarks that 67 said about a 50-0 baseball score I was a Junior on that team and I played 1/2 inning but I was not a coach then and that is what we are discussing. I find no fault with the Cloudland players if the coach puts them in the game they should do their Jobs it is up th the coaches to call off the dogs. As far as you getting on here and saying that dropping large teams on our schedule is not how you build a program we have won 4 games this year , been competitive in all but 1 and have increased or numbers from 22 at the end of last year to 36 now we are building and it will not happen overnight this is the first program I have tried to turn around maybe you should come down voluinteer some free time snd help . I never said I had all the answers I just have to do what I think is right as does Mike Lunceford. To end this post we not cloudland canceled the J.V. game due to Injuries as well as the chanch of hard feelings on both sides we will however have a freshman game on tuesday with Chuckey doak.

Edited by MikeEnsor

I don't understand why you call us dumb hicks....i'm a Cloudland senior....and I believe that our students can compete with many in the nation....as for the remark about one of our validictorians being in remedial math course....so what if one of their strong points wasn't math.....your son was in that class....are you putting him down too.....we take the same ACT test as everyone else....and believe it or not....we pass...some with flying colors....i'm sick and tired of everyone saying that people who go to Cloudland or have graduated from there are dumb and belong in the "sticks"...... :huh:

us dumb hicks shure can play some of that there football. i really enjoyed them there vetals at that fancy mcdonalds friday night. biggest eatin joint i have ever been in, us hicks usually get to eat possumm and red eyed gravy. i really don't care if bigtime, bigstick or whatever theire name are pulls for them landers. next time maybe we can score ahundered point on yall. can't wait to get to the 'boro in december, if i can auction the farm, and see them landers rough up on 4life and them cry babies from dca. oh no almost time to go slopp them hogs.