Games that you will never forget

cchsdawgfan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late 80's in 1A playoffs, DCA at home vs Trousdale CO. TC leading by less than a touchdown controlling the ball near DCA's 20, time running out and they call a pitch out play that was fumbled and Scooter Edwards ran it all the way back for the deciding score. What were they thinking?

Marion County - Brentwood Academy state championship (1994 or 1995?)...Left that town devistated! Even to this day, I hear stories from people on business trips to Brentwood...Brentwood won't even acknowledge that Marion County people exist..

Sure we'll acknowledge you guys!! You won a fabulous championship game against my Eagles, and I'll give you credit for that. The game was in 1992...a 28-26 win for Marion County.

My top 2 BA games:

1995 - BA 7, Clarksville Northeast 3

The nationally-ranked (#5) Eagles scored a Hail Mary TD to end the 1st half, shutting down Travis Stephens and Northeast to advance to the state semifinals against MBA...BA beat Riverdale 27-16 in the 5A title game.

1996 - BA 23, MBA 20 (OT)

This 5A quarterfinals matchup was one of the greatest games in TSSAA history. The Eagles, ranked 4th in the nation, trailed by 3 in overtime. They had the ball 4th and Goal at the MBA 1, and chose to go for it. Tito Lee surged through the MBA D-line, and the Eagles advanced to the semis against Germantown. They defeated Jefferson County 28-7 for the state title. I was sitting behind Tito's mother...never have I seen a happier lady.

What great memories!

1977 Notre Dame vs. Chatt Central down 20-0 in the 4th Q, NDHS came back to win 26-23 in dbl overtime. Game stopped three times in the 4th Q to allow ambulances to cross the field with 4 Purple pounders. Two broken legs, a broken collarbone, and I forget what the last guy had. An unfortunate night because of the injuries....but man there was some hitting going on! What made it even better was my outburst to a NDHS fan walking out of the stadium with blanket in hand down 20 -0 at the end of the third Q."Where do you think you're going...This ain't over." To which my coach, with a look of pure disgust, said get your ___ in the huddle!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Guest warriorpride12

Last years 1a state champship game with Boyd and CPA. The game went into OT and Boyd couldnt score. CPA won to win the title. That was a great game and I will never forget it.

The greatest high school football game I have ever seen was the Notre Dame vs. McCallie game in 2001. Adarius Bowman had 292 yards receiving and dominated the whole game. McCallie had no answer for him. Down by 21 in the 4th quarter McCallie came back to win without overtime. What an insanely exciting game. The BA McCallie chamionship game was a good game but only on the last drive where McCallie marched down to win on a field goal. 4th and 16 coversion was the most exciting play in high school sports history.

2001 3A State Championship Game. Austin East vs Crockett County.... I will never forget this game because this was my first ever trip to the State High School Football Championships. I must I love the atmosphere and the game in general.

AE were down by 1 at the half. After the blessing out at half time, AE came out with 2 long passes to take the lead for good. That got the crowd engerzied it was fun and excited. I'm just hoping to make the trip again this year.

GO AE....

My favorite Maryville game of all time is the 1976 AA State Title game. My oldest brother was starting quarterback on the team. He was offensive MVP as the Rebels beat Brentwood Academy 27-0.

All the other State Title's that Maryville won were great also.

Other great games that Maryville won were

98 Semifinal vs Elizabethon MHS 20 EHS 16

99 Playoff game vs Cleveland MHS 39 CHS 27

97 Regular season vs Halls MHS 23 HHS 22

95 Regular season game vs Powell MHS 30 Powell 27

84 Regular season vs Austin East MHS 28 AE 14

2000 Regular season vs Central MHS 28 CHS 24

95 Regular Season vs Alcoa MHS 21 AHS 14

77,78,79 and 81 Regular season vs Rule

77. 14-13

78. 30-0

79. 21-0

81. 21-0

Non Maryville games the best I saw were.

93 Cleveland vs Brentwood Academy.4A State Title game CHS 26 BHS 21

99 Sevier County vs Glencliffe 5A state title game SHS 35 GHS 34

2000 Alcoa vs Union City 2A state title game AHS 27 UCHS 20

2002 Boyd vs CPA 1A State Title game CPA 23 BOYD 20

97 White House vs Melrose 3A State Title game. WHHS 30 MHS 20

98 Melrose vs Kingston 3A State Title game. MHS 35 KHS 34

Sure we'll acknowledge you guys!! You won a fabulous championship game against my Eagles, and I'll give you credit for that. The game was in 1992...a 28-26 win for Marion County.

My top 2 BA games:

1995 - BA 7, Clarksville Northeast 3

The nationally-ranked (#5) Eagles scored a Hail Mary TD to end the 1st half, shutting down Travis Stephens and Northeast to advance to the state semifinals against MBA...BA beat Riverdale 27-16 in the 5A title game.

1996 - BA 23, MBA 20 (OT)

This 5A quarterfinals matchup was one of the greatest games in TSSAA history. The Eagles, ranked 4th in the nation, trailed by 3 in overtime. They had the ball 4th and Goal at the MBA 1, and chose to go for it. Tito Lee surged through the MBA D-line, and the Eagles advanced to the semis against Germantown. They defeated Jefferson County 28-7 for the state title. I was sitting behind Tito's mother...never have I seen a happier lady.

What great memories!

You're the first one I've heard of that actually acknowledged anyone from Marion County. I remember Brentwood was so shocked, they left their runner-up trophy. And my fault, I said that game was either 94 or 95..it was 92. I stand corrected.

AC :P