Down goes DB Down goes DB

2Good4u

First of all if Db had a bad game the patriots would have beat them...Db played the best 4 quarters they could possibly play....give jeff county some respect.....so yeah i would like a rematch between Db and Jeff co. because since they lost it takes away part of the mental thing jeff co has on Db you can never win unless you believe and usally when jeff co realizes this it is too late.........

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well boys, here we go, DB has there one bad lost and everyone starts sayin' there gonna loose it's over. blah...blah...blah, remind u of anything...::COUGHbeginning of the seasonCOUGH:: so keep doubting DB, and they will come back. good luck to Jeff. CO., OR, S.H.H.S, so on, and so forth.

Please!

People that talk trash after a game make me mad more than people that talk smack before. I would have a lot more respect for karns fans if they had been on here all season supporting their team instead of now saying I knew we would win ,people that come out and say "I knew we would beat this team" after the game need to grow a pair. Speak your mind before a game. As far as DB just having one bad game thats what DB fans said after the bearden game,after the Jeff Co game and now after the karns game that three bad games. Like I said before if we had loss an easy game no one would take it easy on us, am say "well they will bounce back don`t worry" If Jeff Co had loss to karns or if we lose to South Doyle I would be worried for my team. Jeff Co fans are letting DB fans off easy.

DB had a bad game against JC? I don't know which game your were watching but DB won going away. If that is what you think then it doesn't say much for the Patriots because DB ran away with that game. And I can't figure out how Karns beating DB looks good for Jeff Co because they lost head to head at JC. I'm not bad mouthing JC because they have a great team and if the teams meet again it may be a different story....but Karns beat DB not JC

DB had a bad game against JC? I don't know which game your were watching but DB won going away. If that is what you think then it doesn't say much for the Patriots because DB ran away with that game. And I can't figure out how Karns beating DB looks good for Jeff Co because they lost head to head at JC. I'm not bad mouthing JC because they have a great team and if the teams meet again it may be a different story....but Karns beat DB not JC

You guys are both wrong. Score after 1st quarter, JC-7 DB-0. DB dominated the second quarter and that won the game for them. It wasnt a run away for DB but they didnt play a terrible game, they had to be doin something right to win the game.

DB didnt dominate the line of scrimmage, they scored on big plays, but big plays win big games. So Id say half way through the 3rd quarter DB pretty much had the game in hand.

Lawyer you keep saying DB won the Jeff CO. game on big plays but what you don't understand is that they had 1 big play in that game...the long pass to Lamon Williams. The rest of the so called "big plays" werent big plays at all because its all part of the DB offense. Since they have this new Shotgun offense, the long passes that were thrown and caught were not big plays, they were the right plays. DB's offense is based on those passes. It opens up the run and the screens so no DB did not beat Jeff Co. on big plays, they beat them on the right game plan and right plays made by the Ballers from Kingsport. If they play again, DB will beat Jeff. Co just as bad if not worse because DB has the best coaching staff in Tennessee (except last week against Karns, God only knows what they were smokin then) and they will take Jeff Co's mistakes from last game and turn them into TD's every time.

I'm not tryin to talk Smack or start anything but it's just the facts. I will leave it at that and we will see in the playoffs unless Jeff. Co loses before gettin to Kingsport to take on the Tribe...

TRIBE IS GOIN ALL DA WAY!!

D-B people, give me some insight on the Bearden-Jeff. Co. game. YOu have played both teams. Who do you take in this game?

BHSfootball,

No offense, but you guys just cant score enough points to beat those guys.

I take Jeff Co in this one 27 - 3.

Good luck!

BTW, is V. Terry playing for Bearden this year?

ROLL TRIBE ROLL.

Lawyer you keep saying DB won the Jeff CO. game on big plays but what you don't understand is that they had 1 big play in that game...the long pass to Lamon Williams. The rest of the so called "big plays" werent big plays at all because its all part of the DB offense. Since they have this new Shotgun offense, the long passes that were thrown and caught were not big plays, they were the right plays. DB's offense is based on those passes. It opens up the run and the screens so no DB did not beat Jeff Co. on big plays, they beat them on the right game plan and right plays made by the Ballers from Kingsport. If they play again, DB will beat Jeff. Co just as bad if not worse because DB has the best coaching staff in Tennessee (except last week against Karns, God only knows what they were smokin then) and they will take Jeff Co's mistakes from last game and turn them into TD's every time.

I'm not tryin to talk Smack or start anything but it's just the facts. I will leave it at that and we will see in the playoffs unless Jeff. Co loses before gettin to Kingsport to take on the Tribe...

TRIBE IS GOIN ALL DA WAY!!

OH yeah so I guess that 40 yard run by Flanary less than a minute before halftime wasnt a big play?

If DB had the best coaches in the state, they would have beat Karns if they showed up to the game high and drunk. They have good coaches but not the best in the state by any means, great coaches dont let those things happen.

I find it hard to believe you were even at the game. If you were, you were smoking crack or distracted by the horn section of the DB band. The long pass to Williams and the run by Flanary were back breakers and the difference in the game.

As far as the Bearden game goes i dont think they have near the team they do last year and we beat them then. So they shouldnt be much trouble for the Dumplin Valley gang. But I could be wrong.

bhs,

Jeff County has a real good football team. They have, in my opinion, the 5A Mr. Football in Jeff Jennings, big, fast, and a real good defensive player, too and something like a 3.8 GPA and a scholarship to Vandy...Scooter Houston can scoot, fast, elusive. QB Parker Clement is a good field general and Tyler Brown is a big play receiver...Carson has good speed...I think Anderson is an underrated RB, also plays solid defense for you guys, best punting performance all year against D-B was by your guy (sorry I don't remember his name).

The Indians are doing alot of passing and when the QB is off, then problems can occur. The QB has only been off two games this year, both coming against teams with the Knoxville prefix in their names, Bearden and Karns and we have a real close game with you Bulldogs and lose to the Beavers. Against Jeff Co, QB played well and the team rallied around the opportunity and the knowledge that it was a big game and they played big.

Bearden will have a tough time containing the speed of Jeff Co., but Bearden is a tough team so if you 'Dogs can control the ball and the clock, limiting the number of times Jennings and Houston touch the ball, you can be in the game...or if the Patriots are looking ahead to the playoffs, there is enough talent @ Bearden to make it interesting. Bearden looked at D-B as a real big game, maybe not like the oldtime rivalries of West and Farragut, but a big conference game...D-B had Oak Ridge & Jeff Co in subsequent games following the Bearden game and maybe D-B was guilty of looking ahead, but regardless, it took a sack and an interception by Walker Throp at the end of the game for D-B to beat Bearden; further example that, on any given week, if an underdog is hot and the favorite hasn't got their mind right, anything can happen.

bhs, I like the way you all played against D-B, if you play that way against Jeff Co, you may have a chance...Jeff County is a real good football team

2Good, we'll then take best 5A coaching staff...as you and your cousin jpats said "this is a down year for D-B"...7-1 is pretty good for a down year

Roll Tribe Roll

I've said it before and Lawyer and I discussed it yesterday.... DB did win b/c of big plays... whether they were part of the offense or not it's a big play if it breaks the back of the opponent. But think about it a second... DB was not able to drive on the Pats. One big play here, one big play there and the game was in DB's hands. I'm glad you're so confident that DB will beat us in the playoffs. That way we can prove you wrong. B)