Union Co. Vs Harriman

hailmary03

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen some improvement in Harriman this season, but I think they must get better play from the line before many good things will happen. I think they have some good skill players, but the line hasn't given them an opportunity to do a lot.

Turnovers has also hurt the Devils a lot this year, but that happens when you have as many as 5 or 6 freshmen on the field at a time.

I hope the Devils become a competitive team next year, but I think that will rely on the line. Harriman will not have a lot of size on the line next year so it's very important that they get stronger in the weight room. If they don't get stronger, Harriman will struggle again next year because teams will simply blow up plays at the line of scrimmage and players like Hall, Ivy and Chatman will be unable to get going.

If the Devils can pull a draw on the line then I think they can make the playoffs next season.

keep on douting us. we ready. we ready. we ready. that big slow qb at onion conty better be ready for presure. we ready. we ready. we ready.

We'll all keep on "douting" you until you manage to win a game...and "onion" county will have you boys running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to defend the passing game...

Ready??? Not!

On highway 33, just keep comming from Halls and you will pass right by it on your right.

KEV

What is the connection with you and the passing game of Union County. I thought that they must have had another Manning there by the way you have been talking about their passing game. Why the terrible record verses below adverage teams? If they can throw as well as you stated in your post they don't have to play much defense, however I have look at the scores defense has not done bad. Its the offense that can't move the ball.

They are in Region 1-3A and I get to see them. They don't have another Manning, but they do have a good enough QB to throw the ball against the lower-tier teams.

Their problem is running the ball...they can't do it well enough against better competiton...but against teams like McMinn Central, Claiborne and Harriman, who could end up a combined 1-29, they can run a little I'm sure.

And for whatever reason, they base out of the power-I...weird...

Their problem is running the ball...they can't do it well enough against better competiton...but against teams like McMinn Central, Claiborne and Harriman, who could end up a combined 1-29, they can run a little I'm sure.

KevB1990, In your opinion why can't they run the ball? Don't they have a huge Offensive line, especially for the relatively weak competition they have played? Have they no backs? I thought Lucas was supposed to be one of the better backs in the area. And what about that kid Chittum that transferred to Claiaborne County last year, didn't he have an outstanding year running the ball for the Bulldogs? Why could he not run at least as well for the Patriots as he did for the Bulldogs, especially since Claiaborne county has not beaten us in umpteen years? Is it scheam or do the Patriots put no emphisis on running? I wonder sometimes if all they are interested in is personal statistacs.

Well i admit i don't know football nor do i follow it as much as basketball, so i just read Kev1990 post about nort running ball, and wonder why, in his opinion we can't run. I see in the paper where other teams have run all over some teams we have played but we can't. I've only see two games this year but we didn't try to run much, and the one game we was running the ball successful till we got ready to score and then try to pass every down and don't scvore. Just seems strange some people on here all they talk about is how much we pass for. Other teams don't score much on us but the defence keeps us in the games never gets mentioned but all that is talked about is offense and they have trouble scoring on teams that give up lots of points.