Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

alright yall listen up i go to gallitin and this really isnt right we were 7-1 and were moved to 1-7 now i asked u do u think our record should change because the tssaa made a big mistake if u think we should be 1-7 write me and explain y plz cause i dont understand its also starting to make me mad and if its not overruled and beech beats glencliff u can bet that gallitin will win state we wont be region champ but i will bet money that they will win state championship

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a mathcup it would be for Gallatin to travel to Dickson County for a playoff game. Going back for decades, these two traditions have always hated each other. I have a gut feeling that will be the matchup as DCHS will probably win their region. My evaluation of that scenario is under the Brentwood at Dickson County topic where I am heading back too.

The TSSAA ruled based on information provided. Part of this information was false. New information/facts were presented. New ruling was reached.

Why blame the TSSAA. They did their job honestly and by the rules that were written by TSSAA member schools.

Gallatin, the almighty, is not immune from rules.

As I said before somebody lied to Gallatin that is where the blame lies. I have followed the TSSAA for years and good luck on appeals because they just don't overturn decisions.

The facts as I understand them are the player in question did not meet the criteria for a transfer based upon rules decided by the member schools and the penalty is also decided by theses same rules ,there is no one that can decide to wave or change the penalty.

Gallatin take the high road win out and make some noise in the playoffs.

Yeah, TECHNICALLY, they are correct. But, that is a TRAVESTY to say the least. If TSSAA had any guts or ethics about themselves, they would rule that he is eligible and then go about amending the rule.

You have to ask yourself, "What is the intent of the rule." If you answer that honestly, the guy moving out of the house with his momma when she seperates from his father is essentially the same as a divorce for the purpose of eligibility. I guess it only makes too much sense. THE BOY IS LIVING IN THE GALLATIN SCHOOL ZONE!!! His parents are seperated! Should he be punished (and now his school) because his parents seperated but aren't divorced, yet?!????

I don't even care about Gallatin. But, from a philosophical standpoint, it hurts all of us when they can do this to one of us!!!

LET'S USE SOME STINKIN' COMMON SENSE AROUND HERE. The TSSAA has NO BACKBONE! If they did, they would declare the player eligible and amend the extremely outdated rule!

:lol::blink:;)

The TSSAA does not have the authority to "amend" the rules, they are set by the schools themselves and the TSSAA enforces the rules as written with penalties as written by the schools themselves. If the schools don't like the rules they have the power to change them.

As I said before somebody lied to Gallatin that is where the blame lies. I have followed the TSSAA for years and good luck on appeals because they just don't overturn decisions.

The facts as I understand them are the player in question did not meet the criteria for a transfer based upon rules decided by the member schools and the penalty is also decided by theses same rules ,there is no one that can decide to wave or change the penalty.

Gallatin take the high road win out and make some noise in the playoffs.

Alright 82cat, you tell me what the lie was?

Since you have filled out a transfer form, I take it you no where to find it. If not check the TSSAA website. Pull it up and fill it out. Honestly. Then turn it in and geta response. That is what Gallatin did. No lies just what the form says. Now look at the TSSAA by-laws, Article II sec 18. Where on the form is that information? If the child in question is in a conflict resulting in a seperation of the parents but is not the child of the parent in the other zone, hence a step son not biological, that rule is null and void. According to the form it says legal guardian. The parent that moved was the legal guardian. The form was filled out correctly.

And he was declared eligible!!! Twice. What is so hard to understand? Why is this an issue now? Ask the McGavock coach.

Gallatin did nothing wrong, no lies and noone lied to them, there is no information that was hidden, suppressed, or withheld. This is simply a case of sore losers and bad forms on the TSSAA. If the TSSAA had not approved the kid, he would not have played.

The appeal is set for next Thursday.

alzado & 82cat

Are you assuming false information was given based on the TSSAA's ruling or do you have information to support that? Just curious. It seems a little harsh to jump to that conclusion.

Anyway, I guess it's all water under the bridge for this season.

I hope all of this just helps to motivate our team! For now we just need to focus on the job at hand and that's to beat HL. One game at a time, boys.

It's been a long week and I, for one, am looking forward to Friday night.

As always, thanks for your support!!

P.S. THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!

I want to express my sympathy to all greenwave fans! I hope all turns out well in the end!

TSSAA sure can mess up stuff but never will they admit they made a mistake! You guys have to good of a team to have this happen!

Has there ever been a state champ with 7 losses? Maybe you guys can be the first if things don't work out! Keep your heads up!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!