Gallatin has ineligible players?

GWAVE1

That's just it....We try not to play ineligible players and get the ok from TSSAA and after we get turned in on a player who was already cleared...It hasn't been determined that we are or are not 1-7 or 2-6 since Shipley did not play against Springfield. Mo would have been an awsome asset for this team both this year and last but in trying to do the right thing you can't play a kid if he doesn't pass his classes. I believe the middle ground and the right thing for TSSAA to do is admit they made a mistake in granting his eligibilty and not let Shipley play out the rest of the season but since they made the decision that it was ok and Gallatin would not have played him if they didn't, to let the record stand. I only see this option as the most fair way to settle this. I could be wrong, but this makes too much sense to me.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what I dont get about this whole thing that the TSSAA has been told many times that he has gotten two letters to play. Why dont they just go look back and see if it is true? Whats so hard about that? Theres no reason they should be doing this and Im sure theres a guy that works or volunteers or whatever remembers signing or getting help for Shipley.BUt I dont know but this needs to be settled out and it should come out our way. Anad this little redneck joke br2tzc aint funny anymore we arent any rednecks and we arent any hillbillys either and whats up with the pick-up truck thing anywayz.Well I just wanted to get out my point. And who is Mo Staten is this another one of your dumb redneck jokes again or who is he?

Green Wave General

Edited by Green Wave General

All my GreenWave Peeps I have a great idea to help save the season 1-7. Everybody get in their pickup trucks and meet at Wal-Mart and get a plan together to go to Blythe Street and find Mo Staten for the last two games. He may be eligible!!!

Remember my Peeps everybody at HL is going to being keying on the Ball Hog Link or Jamo Ha! Ha! Let’s see if the sophomore can carry the load while everyone is cracking your QB.

See Friday my Peeps or Necks!

I will get to the topic in a second, but first, a little editorial

br2tzc, you really don't wanna start saying anything about Blythe Street or Mo Staten. Thats really, really low. Also, link and Jamo are the same person. Not sure you knew that since you put OR in your post. BTW, why would we need to turn to our sophomores if Jamo isn't getting the job done. This kid involved in this mess is like the 4th stringer at QB. We havea junior QB, Ryan McFarland, who is just as good if not better than a lot of starters in the state. But you will see next year when he is the starter since Jamo graduates this year. Also, I would not be knocking a guy who can put up 100 yards, pretty much pass the ball when he chooses, and is getting interest from schools like Navy, Vanderbilt, and Louisville. Where exactly are you from anyway? And why are you so jealous of the success that the Green Wave are enjoying?

Ok, back to the subject. I cannot believe this is an issue. If they have proper documentation, then there is no argument. The T$$AA (haha, that is funny) won't admit to their mistake. I think I know a way that they can admit it. One word: lawsuit. That usually gets people to backtrack. Also, after reading all 11 pages, I like the idea of the retractable roof stadium. That way we won't have to sit in a gym waiting for bad weather to pass like against Collierville.

I would also like to say, as a alumnus of GHS (Class of 2001), it is a shame to see all this hard work go for nothing, at least when it comes to postseason play. I endured my senior year the agony of losing Homecoming, Senior Night, to Hendersonville, to Beech for the first timeever, and not making the playoffs for the first time in 20 some years. That 4-6 record that year hurt. And I wasn't even on the football team. To see this team built back up though has brought me hope that the glory days are once again at Gallatin High. :angry:

Edited by gwave2001

well i think any respectable team would look past the fact that one out of about 40 or 50 footblaa players can't make that much of a difference.... esspecially if he's not a starter. It's the only reasonable thought in the situation. Bozman(McG) had no right to point out any faults of the one of best teams in 5A... we just like the fact that we'd be placed first...

Phow, Antioch has a really good football team. They have improved tremendiously since last year. Coker is one of the fastest kids I have ever seen play. And the team is solid. Thanks for the support.

Well I found out a whole lot tonight. But I will not discuss it on this forum. Until the TSSAA officially rules this issue is moot.

Gallatin has done no wrong. Gallatin did not play an illegal player and we are 7-1.

Here's the deal. From what I understand, Gallatin now stands at 2-6 (1-3 in the region). An appeal has been filed, and it is supposed to be looked at before Friday. After looking at every possible playoff scenerio that I could think of, it looks like Gallatin is in fair shape if they win out. As a matter of fact, if H-ville beats Antioch, Beech beats Glencliff, and Gallatin beats Hunters Lane this week, then if Antioch beats Hunters Lane and Gallatin beats Beech next week, then Gallatin would actually go as a two seed. This would be possible because Antioch would be #1 with a 5-1 region record, and H-ville, Hunters Lane, Gallatin and Beech would all be tied at 3-3 for #2. Since Gallatin would have beaten all of these teams in games other than the ones forfieted, they would hold the head to head tie breaker over them all. Therefore Gallatin could still be a two seed!

Now if we could just have our rightfully earned wins wouldn't things be a lot easier?

Edited by Gtowner

GWAVE1, we know Gallatin is still gonna win out, but us bears are very hopefull for the last two regular season games, and the fact is that the playoffs i believe are gonna be one of the best in a long while... the only thing the green wave has to worry about is if yall pull that second seed it's possible you may pull brentwood, and that's not a great place to be, not that the bruins aren't beatable, just a very tough game.